Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage OFFICIAL Vintage Torque Fest 2014 Thread May 2-4 Dubuque Iowa

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by coolstuff, Dec 17, 2013.

1. iarodder

iarodder

By the way Bobwop that Willys is beautiful! Your cars always amaze me.

2. Absolutely the best T-Fest yet!....had a great weekend, couldn't see everything I wanted; so much going on; and the time flew by.
    ...great seeing old friends and met a few new ones...

...one highlite for me was the Dock Ellis band out of St. Louis; those guys are the BEST!

... benefit art auction went well; I donated 2 "woodart" boards, the vintage stock cars brought $210.00,...thanks to whoever got it, I missed finding you...
    [​IMG]
    ...and the vintage trucks brought $700.00 !!!...THANK YOU Mr. & Mrs. Oliver !!!
    [​IMG]

Thanks to everyone who bid on my artwork; I really appreciate it.

...GOOD LUCK to Hannah Wells in June!...you are a cutie!

Last edited: May 4, 2014
  3. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Wish we could have gotten the car done in time, Your woodart is GREAT looking,, Tim Jones

4. ^^^ thanks Tim, appreciate that.

5. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

I sure enjoy seeing the Tin Butchers and taking in the Swap Meet they manage. Sam, Rich and Bill...you guys are the best!

thanks for the compliment Anthony!

6. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

It was a great show, and it was great seeing every one again. Got to meet a few new guys too. Great Job on the wood art Sam I knew they would do well.

7. Lost my fuel pump in the back road mud n was pushed out buy some nice guys and special thanx 2 master of none for helpin me get parts! Good times for sure!

8. scoop

scoop

I won this gorgeous piece!John and Kim thanks for putting on this great show and adopting my daughters family,the money will help a bunch.You guys are the greatest!!!

9. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I think there were 700 numbered cards and they ran out of those and started handing out un numbered ones. Once John sleeps and catches up after the craziness he will probably do one of his long drawn out thank you's with the numbers.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

10. GoinGreen

GoinGreen

Had a great weekend, even with my car eating the cam gear (stock 216, steel gear replacement coming soon) coming back from the Field of Dreams cruise. Made it back to the grounds just in time to get to my volunteer shift. I was pretty pissed about the ride being stuck, but talking with folks while I was working the campground gate was good treatment for my frustration. Not to mention, the flat track guys were heading out as I reported for my shift. Perfect view, great people, I'm signing up to volunteer early next year. Awesome time, you can never see it all. Met some awesome folks from the other side of the river in the neighboring camp. Didn't even need the car on Saturday to have a killer time.

11. GoinGreen

GoinGreen

Attached Files:

12. von zipper

von zipper

Had a great time with friends!!! Thanks John for another great show! My Ranchero ran like a Champ!! ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1399240295.531680.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1399240343.698381.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1399240361.569394.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1399240372.504821.jpg

13. malibustevens

malibustevens
    from Illinois

What a great time! Car made the trip with no issues! Met some nice folks, definitely going next year.

Attached Files:

14. Master of None

Master of None

Had a great time this year, as the years before. Met a few new faces, and was pleased to talked to the ones I already knew. Everyone seemed to be enjoying the weather and the show. Counting the days to the Rewind....Steve...I think I'll have another car ready by then.

15. malibustevens

malibustevens
    from Illinois

What a great time! Car made the trip with no issues! Met some nice folks, definitely going next year.

16. Speed~On

Speed~On

As the others have stated, Torque Fest 2014 was a blast! The weather was great (I have a wicked sun burn to prove it) and the turn out of sweet rides was outstanding.

As we sat in the bleachers at the track my friend said, where else can you go and simultaneously watch a burnout contest, mini bikes racing, hot rods and vintage race cars turning hot laps, while listening to a rockabilly band playing live on stage behind you. Oh and don't forget the pin-up contest (the girl that likes the band Poison won...awesome!) art auction, swap meet, and countless traditional style hot rods.

I have attended every T.F. and I would say this was arguably the best one yet! It was great seeing so many HAMBers. If you haven't attended, do yourself a favor and don't miss 2015. Hotroded, sorry you missed this one, you would have loved it!! Next year, bro!

17. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

what does a 302 Ford rear main seal and Hotrodeo have in common?

18. Low Black Special

Low Black Special
    from SE Iowa

Had a great time lots of great cars. Well done John Wells and crew.

19. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

for those that don't know - Justabeater is one of the guys that makes this show run.... and no - I am not going to have a long drawn out thank you this time (I gotta go catch a plane this morning - off to work again!) So you are correct with the 700 #. We had just over 700 entries this year - add another 75 to 80 cars that didn't quite meet the entry guidelines and the grand total is about 775. Not bad..... Thanks for all that came out to the show, all the artists, volunteers, vendors, fairgrounds people, City of Dubuque. It was a great event and we are already making plans for 2015. Hope to see everyone again at Iron Invasion in Woodstock IL Oct. 4 and again for Retro Rewind in Downtown Dubuque on Jan 10, 2015.

20. 36cab

36cab
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sam, I think Terry Mertens (HAMB name Mertaw) bought it.

21. ^^^...thanks 36cab,....if you in fact won the bid on that one THANK YOU Terry!!

22. GovernorKC

GovernorKC

Another awesome event, I too am still hurting from sunburn and probably too much beer. There were tons of amazing cars, but I also felt there were a bunch of cars in the show that probably shouldn't have been. "R" word type cars and a few with 20+ inch rims. I know this show doesn't have strict criteria like Symco Shakedown for example, but I think they could tighten up on what gets let in. Though there seemed to be enough room for all the cars, so maybe thats why they let in what they did...

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: May 5, 2014
  23. Crazy Legs

Crazy Legs

x2 On the sunburn!!! Great show & great time!!!

24. GoinGreen

GoinGreen

Had to share this one.

Attached Files:

25. 59bones

59bones
    from Illinois

I had a great time!

Didn't bring a car this year but made it the van. We actually camped two nights instead of running off to a hotel like last year.

This event is probably the most dynamic, entertaining thing around. As others have said, there is so much to do and of course the people are what really make it great. Made some new friends (I sure liked that whiskey) and got to see some old ones.

Thanks to John and all of the guys that put this on. I hope it was a financial success so lots of money can go to a family in need.

26. LONG

LONG

some cars that didn't meet spec actually showed up Thursday and Friday night and parked. hard to ask if the owner can relocate the car to the specified area when they are not with the car. but hey, compared to the number of traditional styled cars.....awesome. there was a ton of great cars. and remember that this is a Charity event. that car/ owner helped the cause. thanks to all the volunteers who did their part plus some. I know a lot of them are Hambers. wish I knew all their handles. I know Camel Toe helped me park cars. Who else out there was a Volunteer?

27. GoinGreen

GoinGreen

I ran the camping gate Friday night from 6-8

28. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yes there may have been some less than desirable cars there. If you want to complain, step up and volunteer to be the inspector and tell all of the unhappy owners why they didn't make the cut. Stand out there and deal with all of the weather, the assholes and drama that is the inspection gate. You will get to see every car but pretty much miss the show. I commend all of the guys that work that duty as I would not have the patience for it. Again if you want to complain, volunteer to be the solution. We are very welcoming to quality volunteers.

Last edited: May 5, 2014
  29. rickman454

rickman454
    from Marion, IA

Had a great time, but almost didn't get into the "traditional" area because my Rouges were painted. Seriously. Need to know if this will be an issue for next year.

[​IMG]