Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods The Race of Gentlemen, 3rd Annual.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dirtyest Devil, Apr 15, 2014.

1. Lots of killer car entries pouring in!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. toad611

toad611
    from Tennessee

Got our rooms today, come on October!

3. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

I SPY.... what looks to be some custom banger parts bring made tonight. It hush... hush... but I am told they will be shipped to a unnamed race car builder in some small town out west.
    But they will be heading back east to play in the sand and beat up on some V8s this fall.
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1397969613.818837.jpg
    I will try to get a better pic later

WACCUSTOMS.COM

4. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

Sorry Guys
    I went back and the only thing that was left was a pile of chips...
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1397975270.649512.jpg

WACCUSTOMS.COM

5. Pat Pryor

Pat Pryor

6. MrModelT

MrModelT

Neither can I! Really getting excited about being there! :D

7. HOLLYWQQD

HOLLYWQQD
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from central NY
    1. New York H.A.M.B.ers

come on , this thread is about a race and its moving waaaayyyyyy toooooooo slooooowwww !!!

i just took the 46V around my quiet little neighborhood like i was ripping it down the jersey shore . they were not prepared for a guy like me in this quaint little town . yesterday i was ripping my off topic 73 911 around the neighborhood like it was an autocross course ! only had one person shake their garden rake at me ! now i'm headed over to the shop to work on hot rods !!!!

BTTT

any new news Mel???

8. Hey all!

No news to report just yet. I'm still waiting for a contract to be official before I say who is behind us this year. All I can say, is that I'm stoked!

I just returned from Oley, Pa. Antique Moto Swap. What a great weekend! Saw all kinds of pals and the vintage Moto guys are also chomping at the bit!

We got a tiger by the tail, as the Rolling Bones have said. The Moto boys say the same, so we got ourselves a meet y'all!

Can't wait to fill you in in all the good people coming. I'm amazed! Italy, Japan, Cali. All over the US.

Be back soon with news!!!

9. jkeesey

jkeesey

I'm trying to convince my buddy to run this bad boy down the sand. Its a 1 and only.

10. jkeesey

jkeesey

Of course the picture didn't load, thank you hamb app. 1399076756853.jpg

11. Whoa, that's neat!

12. jkeesey

jkeesey

Its a 1935 built by a crazy Swedish machinist. Its a composite of close to a dozen other bikes.

13. nsh57

nsh57

Word has it they're showing "The Cool Hot Rod" ... good pick!
    Just looking for more info on when and where this will be shown!

14. ELD

ELD

That video is just a Facebook post done on saturdays to keep people engaged

15. Rattaxi48

Rattaxi48
    from ohio

Nsh57 is supposed to be booking a room for me. Had an offer yesterday to bring robs (tank on here ) bad ass coupe to run . Just may have to take him up on that offer.

16. '54Caddy

'54Caddy

Put the new and improved, higher hp banger motor in on Saturday! Thanks to bgaro for showing up later in the day and helping me get the car buttoned up. Even got it done in time for the Kingpins show on Sunday. The new motor ran great on its maiden voyage to the show which was about 25 miles one way.

[​IMG]

Ignore the plug wires, they look like shit. They are all I had and I need to make some new the correct length!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 5, 2014
    Ash in OZ likes this.
  17. jcs64

jcs64

Any feed back on the pan American?
    Wife and I are looking for a room and the Blue palm has no more rooms.
    Looking at the map, the pan American is quite a hike aways from moreys pier.
    Is it too far from the action? Should We keep looking for a closer room or just book the pan?

Starting to get exited!

jeff

18. The most epic hot rod event in the history of the whole wide world!

19. LOPESphotographics

LOPESphotographics

I know I will be getting in early, more then likely staying late too. Can't wait for it!

20. Pan American is nice. Nothing is too far really.

Our hopes are that more spectators bring customs and hot rods and bikes not in the race. The night time cruising in the city is fun. Epic looking too when all the vintage neon light the streets and cool rides.

I'm going down Sunday to scope out parking lots for added fun. We hope to have a big car show. We also have some surprise guests helping throw a party on fri night inside the city. Sat night will be the beach party again with Bon fire and bands. Stay tuned all.

Sorry no major details yet. It's not me, others just take their time and it's really not till October. So, just know we will have a blast.

21. tikiwagon13

tikiwagon13

That's our plan, don't have a car eligible to race but I'm really excited about the whole weekend, watching, hanging out, checking out the cars. Can't believe I'm excited about OCTOBER!

22. I hope to get to vend some ol' fashioned fresh made pork skins. Needing to know if there is a setup fee and the measurements of the space that will be provided. I also need a rough estimate of crowd size. We're building our booth from hand to give it that period look and just needing to get an idea for the amount supplies we will need to cook the whole weekend.
    Thanks again and I can't wait until October!

23. MJW

MJW
    from NJ
    1. PA. NJ. local HAMBERS group

Yo Mel,

Swap meet?

I won't have a car ready by then, lotsa parts but no place to build, but I plan on being there.

24. That's what we did last year, brought our hot rods down to cruise around. It would be cool to see more cars outside of the race cars cruising around. I'll be back. Good times

0e2ba77c-98ce-4604-a76b-941732dfcc10_zpsbd47ba4b.jpg

25. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

i know i sure am hoping i can make it this year! i emailed you guys some pics and info, we talked a little never herd anything more cause you were on vacation. any slots left?

26. As I understand it, none of the cars that will be racing have been chosen yet. There's a bunch of guys building cars specifically for the race, so Mel's giving time to allow for a fair picking of the cars.

27. 666

from New Jersey

got my '27 T roadster on a '31 A chasis and running gear build underway. finally got all the major parts in one place...now to take it all apart and build it right. Build the motor to compete and make it actually look like a race car. Thanks to TJ (ThrottleJockey) for the body. Room booked at the Blue Palms for Thursday-Sunday; can't wait to party.
    [​IMG]

28. jcs64

jcs64

OK, did it, we booked our rooms so the commitment is now made, lol
    the wife and I have a hard time making a commitment to go away for vaca. so this is great!

in case anyones looking for a place, here's where we booked and the price seemed good. $80-$110, no minimum night stay (we can only do fri and sat nite), the back door goes to the beach and its right by the amusement park.

Heart of Wildwood Motel
    3915 Ocean Ave
    Wildwood, NJ, 08260
    (609) 522-4090

Mel, any feedback on this place?

see you there!
    jeff

29. I just booked in at the Starlux. Somebody cancelled and I snagged the last room.

There are still rooms available at the Blue Palms. I stayed there last year, and it's a great little joint. While it's not the host hotel, the trade off, is that it is right across the street from the beach access.

Looking forward to being there again!

30. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

I havnt booked yet... gotta get too it!! Any news Mel??