Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Canfield Swap Meet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by carmarket, Apr 28, 2014.

1. carmarket

carmarket

Who's all going to Canfield Fairgrounds this weekend?

2. smurf1

smurf1

Hell yeah! The world may be your canvas, but the Canfield Swap Meet is my backyard, literally. 5 minutes from my shop. Ya know I'll be there. See ya'll there! Smurf 1

3. dorf

dorf
    from ohio

4. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

if ya go be sure to take some pics to share here

Attached Files:

5. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

Vending in hay Grain Building....look for the hamb banner, won't be there till early saturday morning

6. papajohn

papajohn

I'll be there with my son and probably my buddy Flash early Saturday morning.

Posted using a number two pencil on a paper napkin.

7. 6-71

6-71

I'll be there on friday with a couple of old guys.The weather forecast doesn't sound very good for the weekend.

8. 4 banger 4 life

4 banger 4 life
    from ohio

I'll be there.. be there or be square.....

9. 1954 rocket 98

1954 rocket 98

yea, i plan on going!!

10. rustrodder

rustrodder
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

looks like Saturday for me-weather permitting!

11. impala4speed

impala4speed

I'm in Austintown as well. Plan to be there all 3 days.

12. Wildman1

Wildman1

We'll be there Friday - latest weather shows cloudy with only a 20% chance of rain!

13. 4 banger 4 life

4 banger 4 life
    from ohio

1398914628565.jpg will be taking the sedan out on friday n sat. Hope for no rain.. but its canfield.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Attached Files:

14. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

Clearing up nicely for the weekend that's a switch as it usually goes from bad to worse !!
    Still glad I am inside Look for the HAMB banner outside the Hay Grain Building,

Beers on me but you have to bring your own can cover as Canfield is "dry" (no alcohol allowed)....and believe me they check

Last edited: May 1, 2014
  15. LesIsMore

LesIsMore
    from Ohio

Its usually Swap Meet Soup at Canfield, but it's Traditional right?

16. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

Can be really rough on the grandstands infield as it's all dirt. Dusty when dry and really muddy when wet, But as far as the rest of the fairgrounds goes at least Canfield has asphalt walkways....so not bad for the buyers walking around but can get tough on the vendors

17. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

Dress warm...cold than a witches tit and the wind is howlin as of Friday...

18. dorf

dorf
    from ohio

u can bury just about anything without digging a hole it is that wet over there . a vendor told me they want paid to pull u out cause some dork threaten to sue them .

19. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

I was there today, windy & cold, but I was dressed for it. couldn't find anything on my list, but did see a real nice Model a 2-dr sedan for a good price. going to call tomorrow to see if it's still available.

20. impala4speed

impala4speed

Be real careful where you park. I got stuck in the swamp first thing this morning. Three young guys that parked next to me pulled me out with their 4 x 4. Really good guys that are in to cars also.
    Look at the area you're going to park very closely before going in. Some spots look good then all of a sudden you're in mud.
    Oh yeah, wear old boots.

21. 4 banger 4 life

4 banger 4 life
    from ohio

I took the 4x4. It was cold and shitty... the worst weather I have seen there.. had a blast seeing all the guys that were cooped up for the 8 moths of winter we have had...

22. 4 banger 4 life

4 banger 4 life
    from ohio

Got some great complements on the sedan.. lots of lookers...

Attached Files:

23. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

did anyone see the real nice satin black A sedan in the car corral? sitting on a trailer. did anyone get his #? I wrote it down but must have written it wrong. his name is George. I'd appreciate if someone PM'd with it. thanks, mike roman

24. 4 banger 4 life

4 banger 4 life
    from ohio

i am pretty shure the car was sold friday.

25. fleabag

fleabag

Went Saturday .I was buying not selling .Starting to think the 50's and older "Quality" parts supply in a 200 radius is thinned out of this meet . Lots of 67 and newer truck parts , dry rotted tires and flea market stuff to pick from. Hope Sandusky and Randolph are better .

26. slowmotion

slowmotion

I was there Friday, seen a helluva lot worse weather there. Not that bad at all IMO. Cool & overcast, good walkin' weather for an old fart :D. It was my first time for a Friday & I was pleased with the amount of vendors. Scored some spot-weld drill bits and an OT grill I needed. Car corral was just OK. Seen two really outstanding OT's, one which sold.

27. careyohio

careyohio

Rob and I were loading up some Willys parts we bought late Sat. afternoon when the wind and rain hit.... it came in fast and hard....it only took about 30 sec. to get soaking wet....even had some slushy snow hitting us....we drove back around to see how a couple dealer friends made out ( there tent stayed up but some tables blew over and broke a few things ) and saw a lot of tents blown down and torn up.....heard later that a trailer inside the track was blown over.....and some people getting hit with blowing stuff....Saw one tent that had blown high up into a power line pole.
    Hope everyone is O.K.

28. Carter

Carter

Not sure what happened, but not long after the high winds, I was pulling out of the track area by the grandstand and a fire/paramedic truck was pulling into the track. Hope it wasn't anything serious.

29. Carter

Carter

The stuff I found Saturday.

1399251457409.jpg

1399251477973.jpg

1399251496673.jpg

Picked up a nice looking 81T flathead from a friend after the meet. Anyone ever see a stenciled 59A-B on the side of a block like this? Thought it was neat.

1399251513578.jpg

30. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

Yes those 2 wind /rain burst on Saturday afternoon caused a lot of havoc. Many lost product inventory and or tents. saw one guy with a 12 foot tent pole stuck in the side of his motorhome.
    Glad I was inside vending or would have lost my ass.
    Hey fleabag...I'll be inside the building at Randolph if you need to lay down some parts, driving down Friday night and setting up Saturday morning June 7th.
    Between now and then I will be vending at Dunkirk (NY) May 16-18 and Springfield (OH) May 24-25th