Register now to get rid of these ads!

How to bump your threads.

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by Flathead Dave, May 3, 2014.

1. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

I'm seeing a lot of threads bumping around. How is this done? What is the process of bumping?

2. john walker

john walker

3. jesse1980

jesse1980

Bumping is mostly for classified or wanted ads, and can only be bumped every 3 days or more.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

4. sdluck

sdluck

Back to the Top

5. rfraze

rfraze

All you are doing is posting a reply to your own thread, with very few words, which then shows up on page 1 of that forum.

6. Just post a reply.

7. mashed

mashed
    from 4077th

8. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

Is that all? Thanks for the quick answers. I got tired of re-doing my threads.

9. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Bumping threads around here is very much an exercise in futility :D

There is no way to keep a thread at the top of a page or on the first page for much longer than 10-15 minutes or so. :)

Just find your threads and add an update as necessary. Bumping is frustrating and can be a waste of time for anyone following a thread and looking for updates.

10. I think some threads wouldn't need as much bumping if they were properly thought out in the first place. Some of them don't contain much new information, though the original poster may not realize that. And some are just not easy to read.

1. Put some thought into the thread title. Don't get too "cutesy" with puns and creative spelling.

2. If you're asking a question, provide enough details for the readers to work with.

3. Try using at least some punctuation where appropriate. And if it's a longer post, break it down into paragraphs to make it easier for the eye to follow.

4. If it'll help to clarify or describe what you're posting about, add a couple photos if you can. The members here just LOVE photos! ;)

If a couple of bumps and a couple of days pass and the post doesn't get much response, there's probably a reason why. Don't take it personally, you just didn't strike a nerve with the members here.

We can be a fickle bunch sometimes. :D

11. Or you can copy & paste this. :D HRP

[​IMG]

12. 117harv

117harv

^^^^^ This...X2

13. corndog

corndog
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Indiana

How can you reply to your own ad to bump it, if there is no reply button?
    On my ad, I don't see the red reply button like on discussion threads. Any ideas?

14. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

If you can't see a reply button, then it hasn't been 72 hours since your last bump.

15. So many improvements in the classifieds,price and location being mandatory and no more abusers bumping their ad's more that they should.

Brilliant! :D HRP