Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The Official 2014 Meltdown Drags #5 thread, vintage drag meet, July 18,19&20 Byron IL

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by David Doo, Jan 3, 2014.

1. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Sweet thanks. Can't wait to throw a number at the 1320.

2. Nope, but depending on how much you put in your belly tank, it might melt a few memory chips.

3. 9sectruck

9sectruck

I'll do my very best to support them on Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday....................:D

4. I'm supporting one right now.

5. bfalfa55

bfalfa55

Yeah what beer are we supposed to support ? Here is a sneak peak of the heap with it's new rear wheels. Gotta massage the washer holes so they fit and then I will send Falfasnightmare a pic I so can "officially" be on the list !

Attached Files:

6. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

You betcha....another tri-5 gasser....my god... it is heaven!
    I do have a tri-5 issue.....as you may or may not know...LOL
    And it runs in the family.

7. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Ric I always drink like have extra memory chips.

8. Sure drinking beer kills brain brain cells... but only the week ones!

Besides... rehabs for quitters!!!!;)

9. Did you hear about the pin up contest yet?

Attached Files:

10. Nope. Here's your answer:

11. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

I will let Jeff give more details, but long and short it is great to have said Beer Sponsor, and there is a plan for continued sponsorship....we will give some locations to purchase beer (if your buying it anyway why not buy it where it will show the support that is being monitored by them for Meltdown Support) they want to see just exactly what the amount of support they would get for one weekend great to have them.....more details to come!

12. Uncledirty616

Uncledirty616

Pulled my first hole short in the drive way yesterday. (Very mild one, no brakes atm) lol everything seems to Work as its supposed to. 4speed ftw!! Test and tune this Friday!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

13. powrshftr

powrshftr

I'm hot on your heels Brother!I will be home it two weeks and knocking off some details on the car,then the shakedown runs begin!:)
    I actually went to a more conservative intake that looks a little more period correct for the car,so we'll see how it works.I'm hoping for a fairly big boost in midrange torque from the new,reasonably sized intake,as opposed to the super Ricky racer intake that was on it...:)

Scott

Last edited: May 5, 2014
  14. rotten johnny

rotten johnny
    from Mi

Please Please tell me its not going to be last years burlesk girl.......please

15. Uncledirty616

Uncledirty616

I didn't see it, but is burlesque bad? Am I missing something?

16. rotten johnny

rotten johnny
    from Mi

If you'd of seen the show, you'd understand.......
    It was kinda like going to a nitro funnycar show ......but only watching jr dragsters if you know what I mean................

17. rotten johnny

rotten johnny
    from Mi

Are you going to 131 Joel??

18. :D
    Hey Johnny, Joel might need some wheelie bar now, so maybe you could trim some off and share with him, you know, help a brother out?

19. rotten johnny

rotten johnny
    from Mi

Hey, I use them bars as a ladder to trim trees when not racin you know....
    After looking at those pictures of Quain and the white trash hot rod, I think their bars may even be a lil longer than mine (white trash)
    Im bringing a tape measure to the meltdown................well see whos got a bigger one........................Man that dont sound rite :confused:

20. Tis why we calls ya Rotten Johnny!!! We wouldnt have it any other way!!!

21. Leadsled51

Leadsled51

Careful uncle dirty.....you don't want to burn that clutch up.....break it in first! Ask me how I know.....

22. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

That a good thought how do you brakein a clutch or a ring and pinion for that matter now way I can drive my cars on the street to get any miles on them.

23. Leadsled51

Leadsled51

Well, lucky for me, my road isn't well traveled, so I can get away with just running it up and down the road. I do a lot of shifting, will downshift and stop and take off again...easy not blast on it. Is there a parking lot or school or something you can trailer it to? I know I probably won't get the recommended 500-1000 miles, but the last one I put on, I hammered on it right away, and about 15 runs later, it started slipping bad, so this one I want to try and do it right.

24. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

I think we need a street car that can use the same stuff and brake it in the street car and then put it in the race car. Look at all the fun you would have cruising around with that stuff.

25. The '56 is registered and insured, we break it in on the street, then leave it all together, and go beat on it! ;)

26. Uncledirty616

Uncledirty616

That's the plan as of now. I have out patient surgery that morning, so I just hope I'm up to it afterwords.

27. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

Hey Johnny - No burlesque this year unless you want her to do a private show! :)

Working on something else for at night....if we can swing it.

28. Joel, you better change the name of your car to "Rodney Allen Rippy" cause when that Rat tries to eat my Mouse, its gonna say "to bigga eat"

55belairx2 likes this.
  29. If you can swing it? For the love of Mary, and all that is true, and good, and pure in the world, please no!, not "The Full Monty"!? Are you daft man?, we are drag racers, not drag queens!..,oh look, another squirrel!, oh wait that's 30DodgeBoy..,anyone seen my medicine?