Register now to get rid of these ads!
  1. 72*birdman

72*birdman
    from Colorado

Here is my 1957 DODGE D100 Pickup its a rare original push button auto, big back window truck.

On the outside:

The paint is 2 tone Bright white mixed with heavy blue pearl and Viper Blue. Its driving on 15" Crager Street Pro 390 wheels with BFG Radial TA's.
    Has peeps mirrors, 68 B body rear side markers plug the original tail light wiring holes in the bed sides. Yellow mopar script driving lights are on the front run with a lighted interior switch. I went with a 70 Scout front bumper the only non Mopar Part on the truck to lighten up the look the original gave. The rear valance features reversed 70 satellite tail lights and a frenched 70 Challenger back-up light. The rear licence plate mount is from a 72 Satellite to fold away for a future hidden receiver hitch. The bed wood is western red cedar milled from a 1927 date coded reclaimed power pole. The interior of the bed and the bed wood stays are done in color matched bed liner.

On the inside:

The seat is a 2000 full size Dodge truck power seat with center console and western red cedar accents. I mounted a 2000 Dodge truck AM/FM/Cassette/Cd stereo in the dash and took the cup holder from the bottom back of the seat and mounted it under the dash. Original 1957 options I found and installed are a forward look visor vanity mirror the dome light and ash tray. It has custom made blue and white vinyl door panels and head liner along with a custom made blue carpet and floor mats. The sun visors are recovered and out of an 83 dodge van. The switches (heat, wiper, lighter) were reused from of a 66 Valiant. It has a 72 Satellite wiring harness, fuse box and headlight switch. A 72 Cuda steering wheel was used with a turned wood base. Finishing off the interior controls are an old school horn switch and turn signal controls.

Engine compartment and drive train:

Although originally equippied with a flat head six it had a rebuilt poly 318 in it when I bought it but its now running a stock 360 topped with an aluminum air gap intake and a Edelbrock 650 carburetor. To dress it up it has an Edelbrock chrome air cleaner and Mopar script chrome valve covers. A set of Shorty headers runs the duel exhaust to a set magnaflow mufflers and the exhaust then dumps under the bed. Its running a stock Mopar electronic ignition system. The power steering unit was reclaimed from a 79 half ton Dodge pickup. Cooling it is a Volary radiator and a purple roadrunner beep beep horn keeps the traffic away. The 1964 push button 727 transmission that came with the poly motor has been modified to take a later model torq converter. Finally the 8 3/4 rear is also from the 1964 donor car.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 15, 2014
  2. Greetings from Durango.

3. dave571

dave571

Looks great dude!

57 is one of my faves. I've got a 49 1/2 ton rod.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

4. 72*birdman

72*birdman
    from Colorado

Got good news from Mopars at the Strip car show. 2nd place in truck class & One of the 5 coolest at the show from Mopar Muscle mag.

5. MoparJoel

MoparJoel

WELCOME and CONGRATS! it was good seeing you at MATS14, and great to see you and your 57 on the HAMB. We need more 57 D100s around. You should check out the 48-60 Dodge truck thread