Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Customer service, Speedway Motors!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by staleg, Oct 23, 2013.

1. captmullette

captmullette

all I can say is A 1 all the way.............

2. mike c

mike c

they have always done well by me. first class outfit!

3. No doubt about it. I've never been disappointed by their service.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

4. mechanic58

mechanic58

I bought a spring from them once for a build I was doing. It was a slow project (aren't they all?) and I didn't get around to having weight on the wheels for several months. It turned out that the spring I bought just wasn't right for the application - they allowed me to send it back and they gave me a full refund. It musta been 5 or 6 months after I purchased it. I was really surprised. I did buy the correct spring from them, but that wasn't 'part of the deal', they refunded my money with no questions asked.

5. I have just recieved a delivery to Australia ,very professional service..

6. trvguy

trvguy

I bought my first part from Speedway in October of 1964.
    Bought a dual quad intake for a 348 chivvy.
    I still buy parts from them. good service.
    Trvguy

7. Prices are right, Service is great, Parts are Good. Never had a problem returning parts ! When you call you get to talk to a real live person !

8. COOP

COOP

Just for the hell of it, contact them and tell 'em. They are always asking if they should carry more parts, and just what are they. They're not gonna know if nobody tells 'em. Give it a shot, ya never know.

9. racer_dave

racer_dave

I've used Speedway for 2 decades at least. They've always come through, even when they had to stay late to get something shipped out so I'd get it in time to race on the weekend. They've also price matched any time I found the same part cheaper somewhere else.

I really only order parts from about 4 places any more. Speedway, Day, Lefthander and Lane(Motor State) and it's ALL related to service.

10. not dead yet

not dead yet

Speedway Motors two thumbs up...definately!

11. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Isn't it refreshing to see so many positive comments a company these days ? :) Same with Summit, they have been a pleasure to deal with and will go above and beyond. I have both companies on speed dial. :)

Don

12. falconsprint63

falconsprint63
    from Mayberry

I'll throw my .02 in here. Had some sheet metal damaged in shipping. They made it right no hassles.

I know they catch a lot of crap for off-shoring stuff, but the service is great.

13. I also have had good luck with them. and yes it is good to find a company that ships fast and allways comes through.

14. Landmule

Landmule
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've never had any problem with Speedway or the stuff they sell.

15. Inked Monkey

Inked Monkey

I love being able to order parts and have them show up the next day!! Super fast and always a great transaction.

16. RCM59

RCM59

How about they have called me about back ordered parts. Called me! What would I like to do? Ship when they're in ? They may be available else where IF you are in a hurry. I know it's cool to use original but, these guys have it 99% of the time and I have it in two or three days. I generally need when I'm broken down, won't run..I went to far taking something apart. Hats off to those guys and you guys for letting this thread fly...

17. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

Ive had good luck also. Although there shipping seems a bit high sometimes.

18. My only complaint would be shipping costs. Outrageous shipping costs and not shipping parts in one package.

19. Mr cheater

Mr cheater

When placing your order ask for speedy delivery for a shipper they are usually a few bucks cheaper .

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

20. Flatheadguy

Flatheadguy

Post 18, above, states the exact opposite of my experience with Speedway. Bought and installed a new pump. Drove 200 feet onto the runway (country airport - I was manager) and the engine quit....on the runway. Got it pushed into my shop, called Speedway and they shipped a new pump that day. Had it the next. No charge. They said I could ship the defective pump back when convenient. They could not have been better to deal with. And, I've been a customer since 1957. Bill, and the rest, the best.

21. Rodshop

Rodshop

One more guy with nothing but good experiences for 20 years- have ordered on a Tuesday morning to find it in my driveway the next afternoon!

22. 5window

5window

I have had good experience with Speedway all the way along.

I think their shipping costs are reasonable, given that shipping costs all around are very high. That's not really Speedway's fault and there's not much they can do about it,either. Clearly, you haven't mailed a letter recently.

My most recent catalog from Speedway offers $7.99 shipping on orders over $150. Not quite sure how that's Outrageous?

23. birdman1

birdman1

I am always confident in buying from Speedway. I cannot say the same for others, like Bob Drake!!

24. 10 10 and 10

10 10 and 10
    from Cowtown

Canada Post loses or can't find my Speedway shipment, call Canada Post, nothing, call UPS nothing. Call Speedway back, explain situation, Speedway sends new set of parts, no charge, different delivery company, parts arrive, happy HAMBer....

25. edwardlloyd

edwardlloyd
    from Germany

Now if Macs could ship out as quick as Speedway we'd all be happy.

26. I also have speedway and summit on speed dial. Speedway and there people are always a pleasure to deal with and talk to. I have never got a wrong or defective part from them. Ordering is painless, and the stuff comes fast.

27. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have always had good experience with Speedway's customer service. Here's an idea : Let's see if we can get Charley Price to send his wife to serve a years apprenticeship there!:D