Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 1951 F1 transmission question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ShovelJockey, May 1, 2014.

1. ShovelJockey

ShovelJockey

Hey guys. I have an F1 I am planning on using bits and pieces off of to use on my 29 A build. Is the trans in this truck a synchronized unit or not? I haven't really been able to find a definitive answer. Thanks!

2. shouldn't be as equipped from factory for first gear....second/third should be....pic's always help.....

3. Fortyfordguy

Fortyfordguy

This link on our website will tell you all about it if it's a 3 speed light duty trans. They are synchro into 2nd and high, but not into 1st gear. We rebuild these and stock parts for them.

If it's the truck 4 speed, it's probably the non synchro T8 unit, but it could be the optional T18 synchronized trans. Neither one is a good candidate for a passenger car....they are fairly big in size.

Here is that link: http://www.vanpeltsales.com/FH_web/flathead_transID_3speed.htm