Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs 57 Chevy Nomad/ El Camino?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BamaMav, Apr 27, 2014.

1. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Somewhere in my misspent youth, I remember a magazine article on a 57 Nomad that was converted into a El Camino. Best I can remember it was red and white, with red crushed velvet upholstery. It looked like a factory job it was so well executed, they moved the rear window forward and made the cab, may have even reversed it so that it would be recessed behind the sail pillars, I can't remember now. It might have been built in the 60's or 70's, I'm not sure. I also want to say it was a fuelie, too. Anybody else remember the magazine article or the car? I'd like to see the pics again if anybody has any.......

2. sounds like a great car!

3. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

I guess nobody else ever saw it. :( Maybe I dreamed it. :rolleyes: Stranger things have happened I guess. :confused:

4. B Bay Barn

B Bay Barn

5. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

Too bad Chevy didn't produce them. I remember building a 55 Nomad model that had a conversion kit to change into a truck. There was picture of the conversion on the box.

6. 61 chevy

61 chevy

anybody would be a fool to do that to a nomad :eek:

7. cryobug

cryobug

I had always hoped to find one that a tree had fell on to build a conversion like this but it never happened and I have been looking for over forty years.
    I am about to give up

8. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

They were just another old car in the late 60's. Just like woodies.

9. oldolds

oldolds

Around 1975 if you found one that was rough and someone had already pulled the back windows out of it, it would have been done in a heartbeat.

10. snaptwo

snaptwo

I guess that pickemup would also be a 4x4 ? My gawd what a travesty ! My 2 cents .

11. SuRfAcE_RuSt

SuRfAcE_RuSt

I've seen several former 55 nomads that have had the back half of the roof hacked off and turned into an "El Camino". Never been a fan. The lines just dont flow and it looks like shit. Anyone who does that to a nomad deserves to be horse whipped.