Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Good or bad let us see pictures of your F1 or F100!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 56fordf100, Dec 16, 2008.

1. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

Should have it ready. If not, then the 40.

2. 53 hemi

53 hemi

This is my new daily. It has the 300 i6, four speed, and rear end from an '82 F100.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Attached Files:

3. jossan

jossan
    from Minnesota

54 F100. Chopped, Nova sub frame, lowered, Z28 TPI drive train for now. 30 years in the making.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
  4. Window Licker what are your front and rear bumpers from?

Sweet truck by the way

5. Clint86

Clint86

image.jpg
    Third times a charm, hopefully this picture works. This is my 59 F100, still rocking the old 223 and the original 3 on the tree column shifter.

6. JacobAbe55

JacobAbe55

Let's get that baby road worthy this summer!

7. Hotrod1959

Hotrod1959

[​IMG]

Nice color combo on your 59........

8. Clint86

Clint86

Thanks hotrod1959, the paint is actually a semi gloss rattle can paint job. When the body work is all good I plan on a black (where it's black now) and silver (where it's now white) with red pin striping on the hood and down the sides.

9. LOWFOMOCO

LOWFOMOCO
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I picked up a pair of 52's last week...Not sure which one I going to keep at this point. One is complete with a 390/FMX and a 9" that was done in the late 80's...been sitting for 10+ years....the other one is a Deluxe cab...it has been parked since 1978...It is missing the bed, tailgate, and hood (with all that expensive trim)...The odometer on the Deluxe shows 10k miles and I found an inspection receipt from 1977 showing 9900 miles...not sure if it is actual miles but it could be...it is very solid and the pedals are not worn down. I'll post some pics of my trucks shortly..Any body have some 52 Deluxe hood trim they want to sell at NON-eBay prices?

10. LOWFOMOCO

LOWFOMOCO
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Attached Files:

11. Some good stuff there LOWFOMOCO

12. The first four are from before I bought it. The others are just snaps from here and there. I use it like a truck. Chasing parts and hauling loads.

Attached Files:

flattyv8 likes this.
  13. Judd

Judd

64 292 3 on the tree I just bought to replace my 92 cummins dodge as daily driver.

Attached Files:

14. sigfurniture

sigfurniture

this 47 is ready to go to the show at the weekend, channeled 5 inches, scratchbuilt rear, floor and wings from a 37 (?) in argentina (widened!) suspension is standard
    [​IMG]

snopeks garage likes this.
  15. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Sounds to me like a "Combine all the best parts" type of scenario. If the 390 and FMX are working properly that's a big bonus. Those FMX trannys are heavy bastards, what with the cast iron housings and all, but they're plentiful and durable. Another nice thing is that you can pull the guts out without pulling the heavy ass tranny case from the vehicle. My gut feeling is you got some major grins coming when your truck is on the road.

16. enriq49fordf1

enriq49fordf1

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1399987030.830779.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1399987048.186773.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1399987061.519793.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1399987071.789524.jpg

Getting more and more done to the old truck.

charleyw likes this.
  17. Tacson

Tacson

Pictures from this past weekend's F100 Supernats
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. willymakeit

willymakeit

That's nice in anybody's book.

19. Tacson

Tacson

20. Tacson

Tacson

21. missysdad1

missysdad1

Out with the new, in with the old. I finally found a new home for "Thelma", so now it's time to move on to something a little more fitting. She was a glamour queen and I'm just a good ol' country boy. There was bound to be trouble. Besides, she was a little...ah...broad in the beam for my taste.

[​IMG]
    Ah... This is more like it. Cute. Dimples. Simple gingham. Country sweet...

[​IMG]
    Better...much better.

charleyw likes this.
  22. Now you're talking!

23. snopeks garage

snopeks garage
    from macomb MI

Heres my 62

Attached Files:

chaddilac likes this.
  24. missysdad1

missysdad1

DSC_0822.JPG Day 3 - 1.jpg Well...Thelma's gone (see post #2701 and 2729) and the new (to me) F-1 has arrived, thanks to the efforts of Ben D (T&A Transport here on the H.A.M.B.-O-Dex) who picked it up in New Mexico and delivered it to me here in Texas. I highly recommend Ben for all hot rod hauling needs. He will haul parts and bodies as well as rolling and running cars.

The truck is a '50 with original flathead and optional 4-speed tranny. It's a little bit crusty and has touches of rust in all the usual places, but is solid as a rock and straight, straight, straight.

Plans call for a totally traditional build with the flathead if it can be saved, or a mild SBC with three deuces mated to the original 4-speed if the flathead turns out to be junk. I just found a great how-to thread here on the H.A.M.B. on lowering F-1's front and rear using traditional methods that I will follow.

I've got a set of 15" '48 Mercury wheels coming from hotrodsurfer here on the H.A.M.B. to replace the stock 16's, a pair of generic glasspacks that have been on two other cars already, and a pair of echo cans made from a cut-up '36 Ford driveshaft.

The interior is 100% original and will probably stay that way, other than a set of seat belts, vinyl seat covers and a rubber floor mat from LMC Truck. The outside will probably be left pretty much alone. After all, if I'm going to call him "Crusty" he'd better stay that way, don'tcha think...?

Last edited: Jun 24, 2014
    charleyw likes this.
  25. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Looks like a good start to a cool project. Good sheet metal is an important part in preserving the old jewels. As for the engine, if the Flattie is junk, instead of an SBC why not a Ford Y-block? They are great running engines and sound sweet with a set of headers and glass packs.

HOTRODSURFER likes this.
  26. missysdad1

missysdad1

Funny you should make that suggestion, Eli. I actually have a Y-block from a '63 F-100 that I bought for Thelma - condition unknown. It was sold to me as a good running engine, but further investigation shows that the seller may have stretched the point somewhat. I've bought the adapter to go from a Y-block to the early Ford transmission and am still looking for a Hurst-style front mount, but so far with no success. If I should find one I just might give the Y-block another chance.

But in the meantime I do have two early small block Chevys that run great. And, I've got all the stuff to adapt the SBC to the F-1. I am not a big fan of Ford motors (let's not start a shit storm over this, okay, fellas?) and much prefer the SBC so the Chevy is really my first choice. This truck is not going to be a fashion statement, it's going to be a heavily used and abused swap meet hauler so I'd just as soon power it with something that's easy for me to fix as well as traditional.

But, as you can see, I'm not opposed to a Y-block. It just doesn't seem to be the most practical way for me to go. I am, however, going to get the one I have cleaned up and running to see what I've got. If it turns out to be sweet, I might just go with it. We'll see what happens.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2014
  27. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Have you heard of ford-y-block.com? From what hear they're a pretty good source for parts. Either way, I'll be following this thread. I had a '51 F1 a few years ago that was a project and it was fun to work on.

28. ...looks like a great project to start with; if you go Y-block, it shouldn't be hard to fab a front engine mount, but the Chevy will go in easy also, I love F-1 builds.

29. Judd

Judd

Latest shot of mine. Kind of late 60's early 70's on the tires.

Attached Files:

OahuEli likes this.
  30. LOWFOMOCO

LOWFOMOCO
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This thread needs a kick...

flattyv8 likes this.