Register now to get rid of these ads!
  1. 66BBW

66BBW
    from Nebraska

Yes I am new to the forum. So here is my 1966 C10, Vern. Custom Cab, big back window. Has the factory 283, came with a powerglide but now has th400. She sits just as I got her a couple of weeks ago. Long story but it was rescued from the crusher (at the scrap yard, it was that close)last year and after then being bought and sold three times, came to me. It already has many of the parts that I need, fender tips, floor pan and a few others but the rockers and corners are solid. I do wish to get some history on the truck. It still has the dealer badge 'Klein Chevrolet, Belton' on the tail gate. The only Klein Chevy I can find is in Wisconsin, this truck came from Iowa so maybe? The SPID is nowhere to be found, glovebox is missing and the interior was primered at some time. Any help getting some history would be great.

Attached Files:

2. Welcome from Washington, good looking truck and they do make great projects. You are falling into that technical area where your truck is the same as the '65 model so you're all good. Might catch some crap from a few guys since the site focuses on '65 and earlier hotrods and customs.
    Hang out, learn the search function and have fun.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. low51fan

low51fan

good looking truck best of luck to you

4. nice score ....

and welcome to the board ...

5. 66BBW

66BBW
    from Nebraska

I have been doing some research and found a guy who owned this truck for 20 years or so after he bought it from his uncle. Then he sold it back to his uncle and I am trying to reach him now. This truck spend most of its life in north central Iowa so Minnesota might be where it came from. I may have misspelled the dealer, Kline/Klein. I will search that also. Thanks for the welcome.

6. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

There's a Belton Texas. Might account for the low rust

posted via smoke signals made with a Mexican blanket