Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1934 Ford Truck Doors

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by blazingangel, Apr 29, 2014.

1. blazingangel

blazingangel

Anyone know of where to find a drivers side door? I know they are hard to find and all that stuff, and I know a guy local to me who builds glass doors for the 1932-1934.

I would be even interested in just the inner part of the door, as I have a decent door skin, but the guy who started by project before me cut it off and made his own door frame.

Mine can be rebuilt, but it would be a ton of work... And I am not much for putting glass doors on a steel body.

2. alchemy

alchemy

You and 2,000 other guys out there.

3. blazingangel

blazingangel

I do know where to get fiberglass doors made if anyone is looking... Stopped by the guys shop last night, they are pretty slick...

4. Keep us up to date on the glass doors,,there is a cab locally that needs door. HRP

5. x2!!!

6. blazingangel

blazingangel

I actually just happened across the guy... He has some fiberglass shop up here in Lebanon, Maine... I stopped by last year looking at an old Model A that he had sitting out back. Anyway, I stopped by last night to see what he had, he actually has 2 or 3 cabs, and I think he had 3 passanger doors over there. He did have one drivers side door, but it has been cut up for patches it looked like.

Anyway, whenever he gets a good body, he makes a mold of the thing. He has a real nice 32 Coupe mold, as well as a mold of a 34 Ford Truck including the doors. They had been chopped I think 3 inches, so you would have to make some adjustments if your cab was different.

I am debating on throwing a set of his doors on mine because for the price and the work savings they are phenomenal... I would rather find a steel door, but if all else fails, I know where to go!

7. I know this topic of '32-'34 truck doors has been beat to death on here but, If somebody like Brookville started stamping out these doors, starting with the drivers doors, they would make an absolute killing!!!. there are SO MANY trucks out there without these doors, it's almost an anomaly to find a cab with both doors!!!

8. blazingangel

blazingangel

I bet the guy that lives down the road from me would be able to make a killing on his glass doors... But unless you drive by, I dont know how anyone would find him. No sign out front, no ads in the paper... Nothing

9. Sounds like an opportunity is knocking on your door?..haha pun intended.
    Seriously, if his doors are quality there might be a market for them. Speedway makes a stretched cab, fiberglass '34 truck but they don't sell the doors separately. Which I think is a big mistake on their part.

10. blazingangel

blazingangel

I have seen a lot of glass bodies / doors over the years... His are fantastic quality.

I may have to stop by again on my way home...

11. Deuce-Merchant

Deuce-Merchant
    from BC Canada

Is this what you are looking for?
    Just saw this post and went and dug it out.
    PM me your Email and I can send more pics and info.

Kelly

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Even without the skin that thar is gold!!

13. 2935ford

2935ford

I have a pair of really nice '32 doors. Nothing in them and no top pieces but you can get those new repop.
    I won't split them up and they will not go cheap and I'm not that far away here in New Brunswick.

Let me know.

14. bonechop

bonechop
    from NW Indiana

I got lucky enough to have gotten 2 decent passenger doors, and have wondered how much of a pain it would be to "flip" one to the drivers side. Maybe even as a suicide door?