Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Rhinebeck Car Show & Swap Meet 2014

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1934coupe, Apr 26, 2014.

1. 1934coupe

1934coupe

Rhinebeck swap meet May 2-4 2014 anybody going? Stop by and say hello. I'm on the main paved avenue spot P 27-31. Setting up fields today, lets hope the rain we have now will mean a good weekend for show.

Pat

2. jcs64

jcs64

yup, ill be there for sure, its one of my favorites.
    wont be bringing a car though, were heading down to shop the swapmeet this year.

If you got any pull at all in the club, get them to let the show cars in at the same time the swapmeet opens. It really sucks just sitting in line waiting to park, while watching people go in and out w/ there purchases.
    that's the only reason were not bringing cars this yr.

jeff

3. drptop70ss

drptop70ss
    from NY

Hoping for the best, long term forcast doesnt look good but hoping it will change.

4. The37Kid

The37Kid

YES! Rhinebeck is the first Swap Meet of the season, I've been to them all except the very first one. Hobby and swap has changed over the years, but it is always a good time. Bob

5. DICK SPADARO

DICK SPADARO
    Member Emeritus

Ill be set up Friday afternoon and Saturday. Bringing a garage clean out of Model A -48 Ford parts all priced to sell, I'm thinking of trying a "you price it" on used parts, if its not marked you state what you want to pay if it sound reasonable-- sold. Hows that idea?

6. CruZer

CruZer

I'll be there with some friends. Rhinebeck is the event to be at to kick off the season.

7. drptop70ss

drptop70ss
    from NY

anyone have a swap meet space (or two or three!) that they do not need this year? I have a lot of stuff piled up I dont need anymore. Or at least I wont need it until I sell it!

8. Hotrodbuilderny

Hotrodbuilderny

I'll be up there on Saturday

9. 1lucky1

1lucky1
    from Morgan NJ

Will be there Sat,Listen for the cowbell,Lucky

10. When I lived in Poughkeepsie I had 2 spaces for years we had some great times there .In 2000 just before I moved here I sold off a 20 year collection of stuff.

11. marlinmustang

marlinmustang
    from Nanuet NY

Weather looks good so far. May rain saturday but only 30%. I be vending and is always a great show. I always have piles of vintage model kits and dealer promos. Only show I do that Sunday can be bigger then saturday.

12. spiderdeville

spiderdeville
    from BOGOTA,NJ

Always a good show ..Goodguys got run off ..but amazing the full show and swap meet every may ..their loss ....

13. DICK SPADARO

DICK SPADARO
    Member Emeritus

Yup loadin up today weather forecast is getting better so its clean out weekend.

Attached Files:

14. BigBlockItch57

BigBlockItch57

I'll be up there early Saturday morning to browse the swap meet!!! No falcon this year I'll be looking for parts for her!!! Hope to see you all there!!!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

15. northjersey_pinstriping

northjersey_pinstriping
    from New Jersey

Hell yeah ill be there going up early saturday heading up with my paint if anybody is working for pinstriping work pm me to meet up . ill have my 62 with me too (her first show) if ya see me say hi!

16. I went to it a couple times but with gas prices what they are it's just too far to go as a vendor.

17. 1934coupe

1934coupe

Just got back home from the fairgrounds, set my trailer on the spaces and headed home (3 mi.) there was a pretty good crowd for a Friday. Vendors setting up people buying out of the back of the trucks before they are unloaded it seems. Hope for a nice day tomorrow and Sunday.

Spaces P27-31 green field

Pat

18. racemad55

racemad55

Pat, sausage hoagies for Bucksnort & Racemad ?

19. 1934coupe

1934coupe

As usual.

Pat

20. The37Kid

The37Kid

Pat are your spots the same as last year? Plan it to hit the road around 6 and be on the field around 7:30. I really don't need anything, but will know a good deal when I see it, that is what makes it fun. Bob

21. 1934coupe

1934coupe

Back for today, thing were pretty good, The37Kid and Bucksnort stopped by as did a bunch of the Dover Drag Strip crew. More guys leaving stuff at the trailer while they go out for more but thats why I'm there. No rain today hope for same tomorrow.

Pat

22. Bucksnort

Bucksnort

Good talking with you today,Pat.
    Weather turned nice.
    Ran into a bunch of folk I knew.
    Place was packed,hope you sold a bunch.
    Dropped $40(not including admission).
    Left early,so I missed the sausage,took my wife to Red Hook and wandered around.
    Nice day trip.

23. The37Kid

The37Kid

Good to see everyone! Glad I brought the Son in Law's pickup and a hand cart! Found everything I need to start the Bobtail T Speedster body, 17-22 radiator shell, hood, and low steel firewall. Lots of T parts out there so cheap I had to buy them. The real gem for me was a 1932 Heavy front axle with split bones, stock brakes, spring, and spring perches. Once I get the buggered nuts of the perches i have some stuff to sell of to recoupe my purchase price. Great day all around, CSRA Bristol meet is in a few hours, wonder what I'll find up there? Bob