Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage OFFICIAL Vintage Torque Fest 2014 Thread May 2-4 Dubuque Iowa

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by coolstuff, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Steve day and john wells are setting it up but I volunteer to help out running it (signing the. Release papers and making the classes up ) as long as I get to race I mean do the exhibition part of the event too. See you all on Friday

posting from the capital of the 51st state

2. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

If you see me and my dad in the ford say hi!

Attached Files:

3. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

Not sure people know about the art auction we do at our show. Proceeds from the art auction go to the Hannah Wells Medical Trust. We will be going to Boston Childrens Hospital June 12 and she is scheduled for open heart surgery on the 16th. Many get confused on the difference between the gate proceeds and the auction. Just trying to let people know the difference between the 2. The proceeds from gate and vendors go to Helping Hannahs Heart - a non profit designed to help other families that have children with congenital heart defects. Last year, after paying for the show, we were able to give $5000 to a family. This year we hope to do the same thing. So when you are paying your $10 a day entry, know that you are helping out a family with a child that is going through some pretty rough times..... And when you bid on art, you are helping us directly. Thank you for all the support over the years. We do not take it for granted and hope that people will come out rain or shine. Check out this art that Hetz did!!!! [​IMG]

4. Get er done Ed! Get gone n get ur ass out here!

5. Hetz never dissapoints and awsome job on everything he does!

6. GoinGreen

GoinGreen

I'm starting to get more easily distracted at work and the weather is driving me insane. Here's hoping for a sunny Thursday morning to get here soon!!! :D:beer::D:beer:

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

7. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

Any of you guys got Instagram accounts? I know John does but I'll be driving done with a few other cars taking pictures and I will post them on there and here (Ill try)

8. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

Well sadly my new coupe isn't going to be done in time.I tried like hell to get it done but Im going to miss it by about a week. So Im bringing my truck again.

9. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

Nothing wrong with that! Your truck is sweeeet!:D

10. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

any chance of getting a 2015 reservation for feature car status on the coupe?!!!??

11. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

anyone that is on Instagram or likes to hashtag pictures that are put on the internetssssss.......
    #vintagetorquefest

thanks

[​IMG]

12. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

I would probably be able to do that John since I haven't missed one yet. Just get a hold of me later in the year I guess.

13. hotrodjeep

hotrodjeep
    from Tama, Iowa

You can find my pre-64 #swapmeet stuff under my IG account @hotrodjeep and like John said check out #vintagetorquefest

I'll be posting more tonight as I start to load the Tahoe for the trip.

Jeff

14. binderbart

binderbart
    from iowa

Just wondering if anyone that is vending would have brake shoes for a 54 Plymouth belvedere

15. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

not sure about this show - but we always have a guy that sets up at Iron Invasion..........

16. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

Just so everyone knows.... I will be out of the loop now until Monday night. Yes, it takes this long to set up and tear down. Gotta load the trailer today and go get more CHAIN RACING cars tonight. Then unload the stuff tomorrow....Thursday is setup for vendors and feature cars and Friday is the show. Seeya there. Steve Day or Doug Siemen are probably the best people to direct questions to from here on out.[​IMG]

17. GoinGreen

GoinGreen

I know I didn't sign up officially to volunteer, but I will be there Thursday afternoon and I am more than willing to lend a hand if you need it. I will PM you my info, I'm camping all weekend.

18. When you get there thur walk around and ask im sure they could use you on sat! Watch out at nite campin there or the clown will get you!

19. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

See ya Thursday mornin'.

20. SimpleTom

SimpleTom

Going to be there with a bunch of friends with some vintage mini bikes and this guy. Look for him in the swap area.

[​IMG]

21. rustang

rustang

Looks like the rain may hold off.... Plan is for us to leave late Friday, and hope the trans holds together in the Chevy.... Maybe just trailer it part way if it looks sketch.... Either way looking forward to going again. :)

22. Got two clowns with me this year n my wife is sure glad to get rid of me!

23. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

I know its late in the game but I was thinking about having my brother bring this Falcon I assume it would meet criteria? I don't want to bring it up there and not have it get in?
    [​IMG]

24. YUMMM! Bring it on down looks rite up our alley!

25. GoinGreen

GoinGreen

I like it too. Looks like it will fit right in...

26. GoinGreen

GoinGreen

The website also ha s a pretty detailed list of requirements.

27. I Have been there last 4yrs n he shouldnt have a prob gettin in! Jus sayin!

28. scoop

scoop

29. Dont make us beg!

30. 36cab

36cab
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Bring it. I'll find a spot for it.