Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Californias LARGEST TRU-Stalgia Drag Race EAGLE FIELD May 17th and 18th!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Toymaker, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

TRU-Gas Participant Sticker...................

Attached Files:

2. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

You don't want to miss PURE HELL vs REVELATION!

Attached Files:

3. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Saturday we give out Class Favorite awards, here is the Gasser Award with HOT ROD, STOCK, Mini Bike, and OPEN COMP awards also given

Attached Files:

4. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

On Sunday we go with History and the connection of our friends of the Dos Palos Lions club. This is the A/G Champion award for the winner of the TRU-GAS A/Group. I will have 4 awards for the Tru-Gas Group, A thru D.......enough for 36 cars, I'll order and ship any additional awards if we need them :D

Attached Files:

5. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Carl, you want to have s Flatty class, all run....I'll have an award made up.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

6. Lancer

Lancer

Cant wait Rocky.

7. Cool Roc now if we can get them there!!!........ Hey Gary, Loyd, Fred, Domitiri an all you guys out there with Flatties lets get going!!!..................:D:D:D

8. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Let me know and I'll make up some awards!

9. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

More, More, More..................

Attached Files:

10. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

To all running TRU-Gas on Sunday May 18th. PLEASE use the pre-fix "G" on your tech card # so it gets put on your car IF you are participating in the group eliminations. Once it is determined which group your running with add that group designation to your number so our Staging crew can group you up. Example.......your TECH Card # is 100, you make it G100 so tech puts G100 on your car. Then after qualifying when the groups are announced you add your group designation to it......."A" group would be AG100. I'm trying not to overthink this BUT this will help with staging.

Attached Files:

11. 41 Dave

41 Dave

Rocky, I will be there on Sat with my RV and my darling Kathy. RV is new to us and hope to be putting some good miles on it !

lOOKING forward to seing a real wild show ! Hope that the flathead guys come up with swome real HOT Flatties ! !

Dave
    Loviing the life of retirement !

12. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Awesome Dave, hope you get there early so I can help you get the best possible spot.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using H.A.M.B. mobile app

13. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

More More More!

Attached Files:

14. 41 Dave

41 Dave

Rocky,

Just how early do you think we should get there ? I think we are probably about four to five hours away. Getting Kathy up early is no problem. She gets up between 3 and 4 AM and goes to bed by 6 PM.

Looking forward to see a great show that you always put on. How is your "T" bodied Twin coming along ?

Dave

15. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Dave, I'll have a place for you.....if you made it Friday that be great but no worries. The body will be mounted in primer....sure adding some weight tho :D

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using H.A.M.B. mobile app

16. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

Getting close Rocky!

17. two more get ups..................
    adrenalin already flowin............

18. See ya tomorrow Roc!!:D:D:D:D

19. How did the TRU-Gas go on Sunday. I haven't seen any video's or info. who won, etc, etc, etc.

BigMike

20. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Went pretty well Mike.....the tree went down after qualifying but we survived! My friend Joe Hickenbottom has the results and I'll get them from him after Santa Maria.

Attached Files:

21. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Last edited: May 26, 2014
  22. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

I'm catching up with photos.......what a great event!

Attached Files:

23. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

Thanks for the hospitality, we had a blast! We will be back!!!

24. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Your Welcome Shooter! Always great to see the NW Crew come thru the gate. Here is a brief recap I did for the eaglefielddrags.com site................
    Eagle Field's 5th running of the Fresno Dragways Reunion and LIONS Drag Race is in the books with exciting performances by Ron August Jr. at the wheel of PURE HELL vs Stormy Byrd & his Revelation Fuel Roadster, Jeff Ataimian's BEAST Jet Dragster, and many other new and regular faces filling the pits and burning rubber on the historic runway. Racers and fans were treated to great weather and conditions that were fantastic due to the 1000's of gallons of Dust Control provided by our friend Keith Blades who owns KBK Oils Dust control from Fresno, Ca. On the runway Racers were greeted with improved traction conditions utilizing a vintage Soda Syrup recipe provided by Western Performance of Fresno and applied by a key volunteer and dear friend Joe Diedrich. Don't worry we are NOT trying to be a super track, just improving the safety factor a bit trying to keep cars in the groove! We only had one mishap all weekend that I can remember and it was minor.....only problem was we had no Tow Truck due to some miscommunication, no worries for our elite Fire and Safety crew led by Mark Jones who had just recently added "Air Bags" (Jacks) to his arsenal of 21st century tools that lifted the car for Ramon from Ramon's Tire in Mendota to repair the flat and we were back to racing. This minor mishap did put us behind schedule a bit but once racing resumed the pace was fast and we caught up quickly.The NITRO match race between PURE HELL and Stormy was won by Stormy as he just NIPPED Ron August at the stripe.....unfortunately for Stormy his engine expired and was unable to return for the 3rd run but that didn't stop PURE HELL from thrilling the fans who stuck it out to the end. The carnage of Stormy's engine was softened abit by the opportunity to race the legend..........PURE HELL.
    Saturday entertainment wasn't over by any means at this point; the hanger party was still in store for those who chose to join us. The Eagle Field Saturday night Hanger Party is growing with great food and beverage by the Dos Palos LIONS Club and music by "Four on the Floor with Overdrive".......a great local band led by Eagle Field supporter Tom Westrope.
    Sunday morning we set up the tree to qualify the two Quick 8 Categories and TRU-Gas. It was hectic to say the least with issues of uploading entries while racing and ultimately the tree going down with a glitch…..but we prevailed with what we do best……bringing out the Flag Start. When Earl Boyajian Flag Started the last race of the day your Class winners were Door Slammer Champion Ken “Racer” Brown, Street Slammer Champion Tommy Moore, Tru-Gas A/G Champion Bob Riedel, B/G Champion Shorty Brown, and C/G Champion Sam Evans. On top of these exciting Categories fans were also treated to the best representation of 1966 Door Slammer racing I’ve seen with Justin and Adam Brenneman racing their Super Factory Experimentals in a three round Match race with Adam taking the Match.
    Was it perfect? To most yes, but we have improvements to make. For those who like to watch at the Finish there will be a set of stands positioned at the finish line, October will feature Flag Starts on both days for NON STOP Action, and the Hanger Party will start @ 8pm to give everyone enough time to freshen before joining us. These are just a few suggestions I’ve received that we will act on. If you have a suggestion email me at [email protected], our fans are important to us. Looking forward to October 4th and 5th already! Rocky

25. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Attached Files: