Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Pate Swap Meet - check in

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by stillrunners, Apr 17, 2014.

1. boutlaw

boutlaw

Pate was great. Got me a pair of 63 406 6V heads, a pair of mystery wheels with new dry rotted M&H slicks, and a new Canton FE oilpan and pickup, all for super deals. The wheels dont have any manufacturer ID markings. They are marked "SEMA approved" and "Spec 5.1" and "Made in USA". Somebody scratched "Fenton 68 95" on the inside of one wheel. Anyone care to venture a guess on the manufacturer?
    [​IMG]

2. Wooster

Wooster
    from Soso, MS

Headed back to Mississippi from Pate Swap Meet. Spent 1100.00 on items for model a build and enjoyed a few barley hops since Thursday. Three days of dodging hover-rounds makes for sore legs.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. Tooslow! I followed you home and it was fun to watch sparks come out from underneath your ride! :p

4. boutlaw

boutlaw

Thanks Big-Foot, you D man!

5. boutlaw

boutlaw

Big-Foot, they do look pretty close, but the referenced "Fentons", according to seller, state "Fenton" on the wheel, mine do not provide a manufacturer name, only info indicated above. Doesn't really matter, I suppose, just would like to know...thanks for the post you provided.....

BOutlaw

6. Airhart

Airhart

Here are a couple pictures of my hauls from Pate.
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1398645243.845829.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1398645269.039598.jpg
    And yes, I hauled it home that way! Worked like a charm!
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1398645303.972405.jpg
    Will have a build thread soon on the T.
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1398645346.893695.jpg

7. APACHE FS

APACHE FS

I saw that touring car a few spaces away from us. It looks better already, good luck with the project.

8. There seemed to be an abundance of able-bodied men on electric scooters.

9. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

at 62 I still insist on trying to cover it all on foot. I'm one of those guys whose wagon you have to dodge all weekend.

10. shivasdad

shivasdad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

My buddy and I had fun. Found a bolts bin for my shop and some rolling carts to organize parts from different cars. Got a gauge cluster for $20 because it looked neat. Finally, some add on mirrors for Harriet my shop truck. I looked long and hard at the 1960 Studebaker Lark convertibles, but just can't get another project right now.

We walked all day and figured we saw half of it. Great fun!

11. EZ Cool

EZ Cool
    Alliance Vendor
    from Slaton TX

Here's my best score from the swap meet. Snap-on Distrib-u-scope. Now if I can only find an owners manual for it.
    [​IMG]

12. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

Check with GMC BUBBA he may be able to help

13. Had fun...sold all my Model A stuff and one Wagon -the 56' - went to a new home along with a little Duster I had in the car corral....

this was the year of the "buddie sale" as I had stuff from about five different guys in the spaces...but that's what it's all about....and another year with good friends and food from Rene...

didn't really buy much....as I didn't venture to much....

lwf

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

14. elgringo71

elgringo71

Did any one see a 33 willys coupe that was for sale there? A friend of mine saw it but couldn't find it again. He said that it looked like something built in the 60s.

15. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

if it was the one with the gold metal flake roof, a buddy of mine bought it.

16. 54 Chevy

54 Chevy

I would love to have the 1936 Ford roadster that was there but $36,000.00 is way out of my budget. Especially for a starter project.

17. 4EyedTurd

4EyedTurd
    from Texas

I walked by a sbc on a trailer that had all the brackets I needed....I hope I can forget that soon.

18. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

what brackets do u need? I have a butt load of sbc brackets I've accumulated over the years

19. 4EyedTurd

4EyedTurd
    from Texas

20. EZ Cool

EZ Cool
    Alliance Vendor
    from Slaton TX

Any of these do you any good? I don't think the one on the bottom right will. I thought I had more but guess I've sold them at the swap meets.
    [​IMG]

21. 4Eye....that pic is a hodge poge of wrong stuff....are you going factory or what?

22. 4EyedTurd

4EyedTurd
    from Texas

Ah that's about the only picture of one I can find. I'm trying to find a complete set of brackets that will mount the a/c compressor on the passenger side and alt and steering pump on the driver side. Short or long water pump just something that mounts the factory style accessories.