Register now to get rid of these ads!

History I finally found history on my roadster!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cm30, Apr 26, 2014.

1. cm30

cm30

After owning and rebuilding my roadster and always looking for it's past history. I finally got in contact with one of it's previous owners. Finding out that the previous owner had past away, his widow was able to steer me in the right direction, to his son that had worked on the car with his father when they purchased it in 1990. The son was able to give me some history of my roadster dating back to the early 50's. From what I've been told it was built in the early to mid 50's by a shop in Brantford, ON named Douglas Machine, by Don Douglas (member of the Piston Pushers CC) who built it for Ralph Stevenson. To my knowledge Ralph Stevenson owned the car until 1990, where he drove it and showed it around the Brantford area through the 50's and 60's and then parked it in his garage for 30 years. I recently stumbled upon pictures of the car from the Piston Pushers Open House in 1963. The club is still active in Ontario with many original members. I have been in contact with a few members and they are going to ask around the club meeting in a few weeks to see if anyone has any additional information, pictures, etc. to verify the information I have received. I'm pumped, after 8 years I can't wait to find out more history, I will keep you posted! Enjoy!

Attached Files:

2. Looks better now than it ever did! Fantastic job!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. So what is the current color?

Dustin

4. cm30

cm30

Thanks I just finally painted gold last night. I'm pumped to get it sanded and put back together!

5. cm30

cm30

A few more pics after the new gold paint

Attached Files:

6. Looks really good....any color. Tim

7. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

looks great, glad you found out some of the history of your car.

8. Looks really cool, and very LOWWWW!!!! Nice color as well!!! CONGRATS. Mikey.

9. The coolest roadster in Canada!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

10. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Very very cool! I like this thing alot!

11. low51fan

low51fan

always great to find the history on the car you own. glad for ya