Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 39 Ford Deluxe home built grille....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by genosslk, Apr 26, 2014.

1. genosslk

genosslk

Hey guys, if you think building your own grille is something you don't want to tackle, think again.... it's rather easy if you get started right.

I've been looking for some time for a good stock grille and found several between $1,800 and $2,200 that would need to be stripped and repainted. I had a poor reproduction in my car that didn't allow the hood and fenders to fit properly.

I started by building the outer frame that allowed everything to fit right along with the hood latch that works properly. Then comes the 42 vertical 5/16 grille rods bent to fit the profile of the front of the fenders for both right and left. Each one was hand bent and welded in with a spacer for proper alignments.

Cost.... $62 in materials, just short of 70 hours labor. Powder coating $100

I have already started another grille in stainless. I have the outer frame built and polished and it's ready for the polished grille rods

Attached Files:

2. Jay Rush

Jay Rush

Nice work that looks great

3. Johnboy34

Johnboy34
    from Seattle,Wa

^^^X2^^^ Great Job!

4. A 39 Deluxe front end it one of the best looking ever made. Yours came out really good.

5. genosslk

genosslk

I'll post the stainless grille build when I get another camera... dog found a new chew toy......

6. VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

Nice work. Hand made beats Store bought any day.

VR&C.