Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Fiat Topolinos, how many Hambers have one?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ralphcramer, Apr 25, 2014.

1. ralphcramer

ralphcramer

I have a steel 37 Simca with great sheetmetal. Didn't touch it yet, still gathering parts.

It will be street driven with occasional passes in Beaver Springs Friday night street class where cars have to be licensed, inspected with exhaust run through mufflers - but slicks are allowed.

With a 500 inch Caddy and 4 link adjusted for maximum plant, my goal is to get the wheels in the air. I'll add a trans brake if I need to.

2. fiat gasser

fiat gasser

[​IMG]
    Here's my Simca/Fiat panel. Stretched the wheelbase 10" and the front of the hood 8". also made it a flip nose. Post some pic's of you Simca, would like to see it.

Attached Files:

3. fiat gasser

fiat gasser

You might want to consider stretching the wheelbase. It makes a big difference for leg room. Nhra rules require a minimum of 85" wheelbase. They changed it this year. It used to be 90" Also wdobos (I think that's how it's spelled) Here on the HAMB has a Topolino with a Caddy engine in it. I believe he is in PA also.

4. ralphcramer

ralphcramer

Failed at posting pics but that's no surprise, I suck at computer stuff. I'll ask my wife to try.

Thanks for the wheelbase suggestion. I'm using a dropped tube with coilovers and planned to set it up with the axle just behind the the nose almost touching the back of the grill, but I didn't actually measure what the wheelbase would be.

5. GasserTodd

GasserTodd

My wifes 37 Topolino. I bought it about 13 years back to build a street legal blown altered but she liked it as it was. So it kept the stock wheelbase and its 1500cc Toyota engine.

Attached Files:

6. GasserTodd

GasserTodd

So I got my own rusty steel one. Havent started on it yet, but I have a chassis set up for a BBC & glide & 9 inch. Will run blown sbc and glide.

Attached Files:

7. GasserTodd

GasserTodd

Before I found the steel body last year, we did a mould off my wifes car and made three tupperware bodies. THis is one of them sitting on my chassis.

Tupperware Topo is now up in the ceilng of my shed and the rusty steel body will go onto the chassis

Attached Files:

8. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

Here is my Simca, I have a line on a 215 Buick and hope to find time to start on it next winter.

Attached Files:

9. fiat gasser

fiat gasser

[​IMG]
    Here was my first Fiat in 2004. Unfortunately the body was like swiss cheese. I sandblasted and primed it. It now resides in some ones backyard in the cape cod area. Last I seen the rust was back through the primer. The "X" on the windshield was scheduled for the crusher at a scrap yard were I bought it from.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2014
  10. fiat gasser

fiat gasser

[​IMG]
    Here it was in primer after blasting. The bottom 4" of it was gone.:(

11. Kenneth S

Kenneth S

My 38 topo is still hanging from the rafters in my shop waiting for me to start working on it.

12. Mike VV

Mike VV
    from SoCal

Mine's flat black, blown Hemi, 125" wheelbase, fast, and...not exactly street legal.

It's also a 24th scale drag race only slot car..!

No one said what scale you were talking about...!

Mike