Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Truxedo tonneau cover

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bogart62, Apr 25, 2014.

1. bogart62

bogart62

Would like to put a tonneau cover on my '55 GMC truck. My gas tank was relocated to the rear of the truck with a fuel door in the bed. Was going to do a cover with snaps but have figured it will be a PIA to unsnap and snap every time I fill up let alone putting items in the bed. Truxedo makes a custom one that fits inside the bed and doesn't go over the rails. Looks kinda nice too. Was wondering if anybody used their brand on a truck. Guess I could put snaps on it for the look? Trying to have it be functional and nostagic at the same time. appreciate the input.

Attached Files:

• 034.JPG
      034.JPG
      File size:
      126.7 KB
      Views:
    • 035.JPG
      035.JPG
      File size:
      43.8 KB
      Views:
  2. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

I have a tarp on my '55 F100, black heavy vinyl with stainless snaps.
    I guess I'm so 'old school' I don't mind unsnapping it for cold beer at a run, or groceries or parts I've scrounged up.

Took it off for the cold, rainy Calif. winter months...LOL (could have left it on!)
    Anyway, the appearance makes a 30% difference when it's on there...
    I haven't seen this 'Truxedo' that fits inside. Sounds interesting...(I still LOVE my stainless snaps...)

That's a beautiful Jimmy!

3. We made one with plywood and covered it with vinyl for my pal Mike's 58 Chevy pickup,,looks old school and covers the bed.HRP

4. Trying to design something for my 36 Ford pickup as well. Would prefer the soft look and want it to fit below the rails. Gets complicated quickly.

A vinyl covered piece of 3/4 plywood on a front hinge with a couple of struts may be what I end up doing.

5. bogart62

bogart62

6. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

That IS clean... Bogie, check your PMs.

7. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

I believe that some of the guys on the www.ford-trucks.com site have used those. Might do a search there on the 48-56 forum. I love the Gaylords cover on my 53 F100. Really like your truck.

8. 31Apickup

31Apickup

My cousin has a truxedo cover, albeit for a late model truck and has been very happy with it over the last 10 years. I used Extang covers and really like them, they are made in Ann Arbor MI, but don't know if they have anything for older trucks.

9. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

do a search at: 67-72chevytrucks.com then click on section 47-59 Pick Up Trucks then search tonneau bed covers - lots of info and pics.

10. bogart62

bogart62

Thanks Joker

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

11. dorf

dorf
    from ohio

i saw that add also ,first thing i thought was it is either going to turn into a small pool or it is going to fill the bed in a rainstorm.emailed the guy and told him so . he wasnt real happy to hear from me .