Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs 1957 chevrolet PU fender well headers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gerry miller, Apr 17, 2014.

1. gerry miller

gerry miller

Just curious if anyone makes fender well headers for 57 chev pick ups with small block chev???.
    Couldn't really find any yesterday online Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks, Gerry in Colorado:D.

2. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

You might find a friend with a '55-'57 Chevy car and take measurements from both his car and your truck to see how the relationship is between frame and engine, plus brake master. The car headers might fit.
    Another option that may fit is the universal Patriot "fat fender Chevy" fenderwell headers. They fit quite a variety of cars and trucks, and I know a lot of people who have used them on other applications and fit great. I'm using them on my '46 Austin with a SBC engine.
    This was back during mockup 4 yrs. ago:
    [​IMG]

3. gerry miller

gerry miller

Thank's for the reply..:)
    Gerry in Colorado

4. squirrel

squirrel

The steering box will probably be in the way of most headers. It might help to post a few pictures from different angles, of the engine bay, so we can see what you're dealing with. I know on a big block truck, the steering box is close to the #7 port, so that tube probably has to go up.

5. gerry miller

gerry miller

Hi Squirrel, It's got a Dakota front frame with rack. I had to make different mounts to let steering shaft get to rack. Used 305 exhaust for now on drivers side for the rear dump and clearance.Just thought maybe the fender well headers would be simpler and look and sound a lot better. Clearance is definitely a problem.Thanks for the response. Your one of the guys on here that seems to know his shit in a commen sense experienced approach.Since I posted this I have the truck together and made the mufflers out of a chevy driveshaft cut and slotted for baffles slid in and welded. Sounds OK . But not as professional lookin'.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 24, 2014