Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 8 lug disc brakes on early ford axle

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by anteek49, Apr 23, 2014.

1. anteek49

anteek49

I need to put 8 lug disc brakes on a early Ford beam axle under a customers truck. Anyone ever done this? Any ideas? this is under a working truck and the customer is always right.

2. My first question is this- are you expecting 8 lug weight capacity?

3. I know it's not Ford but here's two threads on 8 lug disc from over on Stovebolt that may help you with ideas..
    Do a search for "8 lug disc" in their Big Bolt forum it may have more info...joe

4. drtrcrV-8

drtrcrV-8

anteek49 : I'm putting F-350 disc brakes on '34 BB axles for both ends of my '28 AA. If this is close to what you are doing call me : 707-676-0222

5. anteek49

anteek49

The object is to STOP,not weight capacity. He has a set of very different wheels he wants to use.

6. 6-71

6-71

I haven't done it ,but I saw a Rat rod(sorry) truck at a show last summer.The owner put E-350(econoline) spindles and king pins in an early ford axle(I think it was a AA truck axle. He said it was a pretty simple operation,It looked like it belonged there. The truck was cummins powered and had a 1 ton rearend under it.