Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 34 PU *** Low Buck build thread

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Kiwi Kev, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Dan in Pasadena

Dan in Pasadena

Kevin,
    You are frickin amazing, MISTER Low Buck! Lol

I know Jack about early Fords much less how to put one together from the assortment of miscellaneous parts you use. But your stuff ALWAYS comes out looking so damn cool.

It's a good thing I don't live nearer to you cause I'd be a pain in your rear always stopping by to ogle your garage and ask a brazillion questions about your project.

I can't remember who did it but I seem to remember someone posted a really really nice looking RPU that was rolled with a mix of 1 gallon of Rustoleum Regal Red mixed with a pint (or was it a quart?) of Rustoleum Black. Just an idea, but it did look real good and finished too.

2. Thanks Dan.

I don't pretend to know anything about real paint jobs so I can't tell you how it is to paint over the rusty metal primer. My cars need a lot more body work before a real paint job so I imagine if I ever got that far it would all be sanded off.

3. This is (imo) the best put together and looking 32-34 pickup, its so COOL !! JW

4. Darkwing23

Darkwing23

Sweet build man. Can't wait to see it all together. Good luck with the rest of your build sir

5. waxhead

waxhead
    from West Oz

Grill shell looks good, as does the rest of the pickup. :cool:

6. NealinCA

NealinCA

Project is looking great. That is really cool that the trans deal fell into place.

Neal

7. classic gary

classic gary

can't you remove the gears from this case and install them in a Mustang (torino, big car), top loader case and then do the top shift thing? All the OD tranny really is, is a regeared top loader anyway.......

8. I just got caught up with your progress. Very nice :)

9. Jkustom

Jkustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

10. classic gary....I don't think I will need to do that, at least I hope not. I am hoping I can bend the arm to get it where I need it. I will know for sure when I get everything in place. Nice to have that option if I need it.

11. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Kinda figured that was the answer! I'm in the same boat, but I keep thinking some day I want my roadster pickup shiny... Dumb! I've never had something finished and painted anyway, might as well just keep along that same path. I sure like the color of the Rusty Metal primer though.

12. Must be time for an update?

13. racer756

racer756

Always impressive!

14. Was LYNX gear made by Vic Meli in Sydney? He drag raced SBC LC-J Toranas at Castlereagh, Super Stocks/ Gas..

Super truck/ thread KiwiKev. Like the tips, e.g fishplates etc..

Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
    waynos likes this.
  15. kiwisteve

kiwisteve

Hey Kev looking good.
    You may be aware of this but while in NZ last week was visiting Frenchie in Chch and he has repo B&C decals (stickers to you mate!).Inside and outside style.
    I am currently building a 1275 Mini here that has a B&C intake.
    Cheers,Steve

16. syracusegli

syracusegli
    from ny

im jealous. my 34 is ROUGH and i cant find doors

17. Nice truck, they sure are fun. MW

18. Project is on hold for a month or two. My mum is coming over from New Zealand for all of May and I have shifted my focus to getting my Willys back together so I can race it at the Antique Nat's. I have replaced the front axle, new kingpins, new steering box, radiator repair and switching short blocks for more cubic inches.

19. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

awesome is there an update on the willys somewhere?

20. 41 Dave

41 Dave

Kiwi Kev, Always love all of your low buck budget bulds. You sir are the true master of how to do it for the least amount of money ! ! !

Dave

21. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I like that sign in the photo with the cherry picker holding the engine. We just might be related, both being sign lovers ! ! !

22. Dirtynails

Dirtynails
    from garage

Kev, remember when we cleared up Lenny Mabeys mothers back yard and we threw all the sidevalve stuff in the tip (next to brownies pottery factory) ? complete 32 Commercial chassis ,44 gallon drum full of Ford carbies...etc etc . now it's deja vu all over again. And Dave lowe gave away the original fenders so he could fit fiberglass ones to the Ford Pickup that he bought From lenny.

23. Trojan

Trojan
    from Mn.

Any updates?? This is a very interesting build!

24. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

Yeah Kev, how's that sewing machine table comin along?

"Listen Mr... It ain't broke if I can't fix it"

25. Kev, missed this thread until it got bumped today, love your work thanks for sharing will be watching.

26. Mr. Lowbuck indeed. I think you should be knighted.........Sir Low Buck! That PU was there back in.......oh I want to say 2002 when we visited you. I took this shot when we were there.

[​IMG]

27. iamben

iamben

That Y looks good in that PU!!! All i can say is please give us more!!!

28. Looks great Kev!

29. Nothing to report, should be getting back on it soon.

30. willymakeit

willymakeit

Nice work and truck. Will be watching this build.

whtbaron likes this.