Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 41 Plymouth 6 cyl -Engine # Clarification Please

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dick 41, Apr 19, 2014.

1. Dick 41

Dick 41

Hi All. I have the factory book so this engine # (P1l * 32009A) is a 41 P 11. Where I wrote the * there is a star imprinted on the engine number boss. This engine came as a spare with my 41 Plym Busn. Cpe. Prior owner died so I have no other info. The car has a tired 1941 P 12 stock mill @ present.

My question - Does the star mean anything as I consider parts, rebuild, etc.? Couldn't find info checking archives. (can't type the star symbol?) :)

Looks like the P 11 and P12 that year have the same specs...but?
    Any info. greatly appreciated.
    Still muchly a newbie!
    Dick 41

2. Dick 41

Dick 41

Thank Deathbound. I used that link and cofirmed. There is even a sample engine boss number shown with stars like I was describing. I kind of thought there was no meaning to the stars. However, better safe than sorry if & when buying parts. It looks like there is no difference in specs for 1941 engines...either P11 or P12s. It appears I have one of each of those.

I am not selling and have no $ interest in the following link which I submit only for the good of the order. I dowloaded a free and complete PDF 1936 - 1942 Plymouth Service Manual on-line. Virus checked, etc. all good. Very complete listings for specs. and pictured "How to Do it." You probably already know and have it. If not, go to: http://www.pwchryslerclub.org/PlymouthManual_OCR.pdf
    Thanks Again
    Dick41

3. Check this site out, you will find anything out you will ever need.
    http://p15d24.com/

4. Yes, I have that one. Another good one is the Plymouth Master Parts List 1936-1942 book. It has every part# listed by section.
    Here's a link to one:http://www.amazon.com/1936-1942-Ply...keywords=plymouth+master+parts+list+1936-1942

Any pics of your car?

5. Dick 41

Dick 41

Hi Death: Yes. Plymouth Picures in my album. Click on my name and then go to my albums/my cars. The 41 is the cover picture. While there you will note that I am considering putting a 241 Dodge hemi in the car. I have a line on one with a 3 spd on the tree tranny f/s.

No offense to anyone, but this car is going to stay Mo Par. I have been Mo Par since 1957. That's all my Dad bought too.No Ford or Chevie mills even though they are really tempting given the ready availability of parts, etc.

I also want to thank you for the ink to the other parts source book on Amazon.

Thanks Rod. That link to the 15 /24 forum is one I was getting an error message (404 - no longer available.) Yesterday I posted for info. on how to find it . Eureka thanks to you.

Dick41

6. No offense at all.....a MoPaR should stay MoPaR. Everyone else can put a 350 in their car.

7. Dick 41

Dick 41

that is how i see it too.
    Dick41

8. desertdroog

desertdroog

That looks like a nice '41 coupe, in your profile.

9. Dick 41

Dick 41

And yours looks very nice too! We are two examples of 41 differences. Mine has running boards and yours does not. I read somewhere that they were an option for the first time that year. I am unclear if the option was to put them on or leave them off.

I think the molded lines across the fender lines are just outstanding. Would rather have ours than a 41 Chevy or Ford coupe any day.

Nice Ride
    Dick41

10. desertdroog

desertdroog

I actually have the running boards, they just need to be redone. The stainless is all bent up and the rubber covering is gone.

I've seen the running board deletes, they look like 1/4 the width of a normal board, just tucking up under the door a bit.