Register now to get rid of these ads!

2014 LA Roadster Show Cross Country Trip

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TANNERGANG, Sep 2, 2013.

1. greener200

greener200

anybody going from the New England area My dad and my 17 year old daughter are driving out from Massachusetts . I feel would sure feel better knowing he was with a group of hamb,rs at least some of the way been on his bucket list of things to do he ,ll be 74 in july ..I,M NOT WORRIED ABOUT HIM ,hes a friggin madman. he wants to leave the monday or teusday befor the show, give-em 3 days to get there ,not killin themselves drivin ..I,m sure they will run into some of you guys

Attached Files:

2. He'll be pushin hard if he leaves monday or tuesday.
    That's a 3000 miles trip.
    Heck we (The Great Greybeard Adventure) leave here in So OK on Sunday and it's only 1300 miles from here, of course some of the guys from Flordia, No Carolina leave on the Thursday B4 to be here for the BBQ on Saturday.

3. greener200

greener200

yea I do,nt know he probably is leavin earlier. I know hes going to drop an overdrive tranny in his roadster so he can "coast" most of the way to the other coast . anybody from NE when you leaving an what route you taking ? thanks mike p

4. I know there's a group from Maryland comin out, don't know when they are leavin though
    Also a group from N.C.
    Lotsa guys from the east comin out, they be hot rods runnin all over the country headed west.

5. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

With my experience at cross country driving, your dad & daughter best leave a lot sooner than you have stated.
    Driving to Detroit in 1972, we did 500 miles per day,it was 2500 miles to Detroit= 5 days on the road----IF, no problems are involved.
    A great idea to hook up with other drivers,---Always safety in numbers!
    Have a great time regardless, be sure to take lots of pix for memories!----Don

6. greener200

greener200

you don,t know how we drive up here in Mass do ya ,,,they don,t call us MASSHOLES FOR NUTHIN !;););). jUS KIDDIN ,Hanover MA to Ohmaha,NE in 26 hours,, Louiville KY in 20 hrs for the NSRA Nats , TOPLESS . :D,The car screams ,,but really I see what your sayin ,, should figure on more time to get there its not a rat race .and he won,t have me to drive all night . your right your right !

7. Shamus

Shamus
    from NC

I don't have a beard, but I'm gray. Planning on driving my fresh roadster out with my Grandson. Would like to leave around the 1st of June by way of I-20 & getting on I-40 in TN. Don't want to climb Black Mountain in a Flathead. Planning on returning thru El Paso to visit relatives. Would like to hear from any one leaving from SE NC.

8. Get a hold of Jeff J here on the HAMB, he and his wife are drivin 2 cars to OK for the kick off of the 4th Annual Great Greybeard Adventure

9. So how does one get in on this BBQ deal?:rolleyes::)

10. Just show up here on the 7th

11. Oh....damn, I'll just be leaving Maryland. Don't think I can get there in time!:rolleyes::)

12. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

TIME IS DRAWING NEARER...........Traded my Roadster, so I'm going to drive my Coupe.....it has ac.....I may be glad I did in the long run....I'm not road tuff like Don and a few more....Who all is going...Time to Fess Up!.........

13. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

Nobody else decided to go yet?................

14. Deu55

Deu55

I'm going first time looking forward to it...going to be great.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

15. Several of my buddies that were driving their cars out have backed out, but I still plan on driving my junk out there.

16. cabriolethiboy

cabriolethiboy

I am leaving on the 7th with the Brookville group. Can't wait. Didn't get my roadster done so I am driving my cabriolet. Had a new top put on and I have new tires for the rear so I am about ready to go.

17. Lil32

Lil32

We fly over on 30th May, going up to Yellowstone NP from L.A. and then back down to San Dimas arriving 10th June. See ya all
    Noel & Elaine

18. cheesegrater

cheesegrater
    from california

If you "OUT OF STATERS" like Pastrami down the road from Pomona on Central Ave off the 10 FWY theres a place called "THE"HAT" also other locations in the L,A, Area & if you dont like it ill buy it for you but you better be hungry

19. Lookin 4ward to yakkin witcha again Noel.
    See ya @ the RR Inn
    Don

20. Had 1 while out there last year, enuf to last ya all day!!!!!!

21. Lil32

Lil32

Don, looking forward to catching up with u again, hope Mumbles is able to make. My good friend Rod is flying with Mumbles.
    Noel

22. Noel, Lookin 4ward to yakkin with ya again, got 1 of my shop hats in the trunk 4 ya this year
    Don

23. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

Ok....about time for everyone to Fess Up!.......who's going? and who is Wimping Out?

24. I know I'm in, and if nobody shows up for the BBQ here,
    I'll have plenty to last me the rest of the summer.
    Donnie, ya think I should drive my newest (with a/c)?
    Nah, why go to the roadster without a roadster

Attached Files:

25. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

I love pulling up by a Roadster on a hot day, roll my window down and ask them if they have an extra coat I can borrow...hehehehe......it's not the car you drive..it's the trip and the show........."IT'S THE JOURNEY BABY!"

26. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

,,, but you see so much more of the journey in an open car !

Attached Files:

27. X2 to that

28. cool37

cool37
    from SoCal

Looking good Don!
    Phil... Where is that picture from?

29. Louie, I kinda miss that ole red car you got, guess I'll just have to drive the new 1 out.