Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 59 El Camino.. Part Two

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by J.Fishbeck, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Italian Dressing Please! Adam Savage and Jamie Hyneman try to figure out whether you can dissolve a person in a bathtub and make the whole thing crash through the floor in a spectacularly disgusting and disastrous splat is a fantastic idea, you need to let your mind run substantially freer.

2. Amen

3. Picked up more parts for the LSR Rdstr, today. Looking for a shifter now. Getting closer

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

What the !!!!! Is that a Fo-Mo-Co product from a Pontiac?

5. Yep. GM 3 speed top loader

6. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Seen one of those still hanging an it's bellhousing in a Pontiac (LeMans or GTO) at Pick a Part in Ontario. The engine had been pulled but I tripped out when I seen Fo-Mo-Co and it. This was like 20 years ago.

7. I think it's a 1965. I need to look up a shifter, for it

8. The 59's going to the back burner, once again. But now that the weather will be so nice in the evening, I'll try and keep the ball rolling. Like Dad said.. every hour eventually adds up.

9. Say it ain't so!! You're so close now!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

10. I have an order for a custom 55 Chevy wagon seat, that mounts to the wall. Should be neat. I have everything to do it. Whatever pays the bills.

11. Red with black upholstery. Day No.1

Attached Files:

12. I hear ya....that's why I'm in the 'Stan!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

13. Painted the hinges and sanded out the orange peel, in the hood.

Attached Files:

14. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

^^^^^ Bipolar? Elco, Chair. Elco, Chair. Elco, Chair ;) :)

15. There's a pill for that, right?! Chair in the daytime, 59 in the evening

16. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

That's what I asked, still needed to get a shot for what ails me :(

17. Speaking of ails.. I removed the shifter bracket from the 3spd that came out of my elco. I was curious if it would work on my newest 3spd. Didn't line up the same, would need a little mod, to work. Wether it would work right, I don't know.

18. Been looking for 59 interior for mldgs. When right in front of me, are the 60 Impala pieces, from the roof and couch, donor car. Not too much of a compromise, an I don't think it'll look bad

Attached Files:

19. Starting to look like something. Now "what" it's starting to look like, is totally subjective

Attached Files:

20. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

21. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

I've got the mounting plate and hardware just like the one that the shifter is mounted to in that photo. I also have a 3 speed shifter also but with a short shifter handle that's intregal to the shifter mechanism. Hit me up if interested.

22. Sold.. I'll take it! I should have some extra linkage arms, here that might could work.

23. Welded and hammer finished the gas lid door. Every bit of time welding, helps me get a better understanding. Gettin' there. Now, to dress the welds

Attached Files:

24. Need to shim an adjust things around

Attached Files:

25. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

26. The wind pulled half of the tree off, right between the two trucks. Looks like I've been nominated to redo the qtr panel. FUCK

Attached Files:

27. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

28. Right after I have some more paint mixed. I am down to the last 4-8 oz. Need hood hinges, also. Mine are shot

29. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Wonderful!!!!