Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Did you ever cruise "Forest Lane"?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by grapejuice1998, Jan 25, 2011.

1. photoman

photoman
    from Texas

Forest Lane cruise tonight...

2. Locomotive Breath

Locomotive Breath
    from Texas

Are you telling us there is one, or asking?

3. He's telling us there is one, its 720 pm here now, it shoudl already be going.

4. Byron Crump

Byron Crump

5. we had a blast..

6. photoman

photoman
    from Texas

Best I can tell... June 9, 2012... Be there...

7. donobird

donobird
    from dfw

Yes sir June 9th

The Forest Lane Cruise Reunion will be June 9th 7pm Its in the area of Forest and marsh Lane in Nroth west Dallas. For those with GPS go to 3646 Forest lane Dallas, Texas.

links
    http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/events/275916935807722/
    http://www.cruiseforest.com/

Aslo on the night before most people meet up at Kellers Hamburger, 6537 E Northwest Hwy Dallas, TX 75231 Wich will be the 8th around 7 pm. Thats also the same day the Hot Rod power Tour Comes to Dallas area.

8. photoman

photoman
    from Texas

Thanks for the info!

9. donobird

donobird
    from dfw

10. donobird

donobird
    from dfw

Is anyone going to be in Dallas with the power tour on June 8th and 9th?

11. donobird

donobird
    from dfw

12. getting off of my "on-call" duty the 8th...hope to have a ride out there and back in somethin'.....

13. tnich123

tnich123

Man you guys are giving me flasbacks but you left out a couple. How about Hampton Illinois on the corner near Jack in the box and the Pizza Inn and Kiest park on the weekends. I was there in the middle 70's. Come on guys we are showing the age but it sounds like some of you may still have the same cars???????

14. Locomotive Breath

Locomotive Breath
    from Texas

Damn, we lived on Glenfield. I was too young to drive in the mid. 70's, but by the late 70's we would sneak Ernie's older brothers 68 GTO out and see if we could blister the tires for a block at a time. We had to buy him tires more than once.:D I miss the old El Fenix buffet and the Polar Bear ice cream shop.

15. photoman

photoman
    from Texas

Unfreeeekingbelievable. Man I can't believe someone has film from back then. Thanks for the link!

16. damn....you guys were Kiest Park crusiers?....did the Jack/Pizza lot as well....class of 75....

17. the shot of the Stude is at my Dad's place on Banning off of Westmorland near where we use to race....it's still wearing some graffiti it aquired before I got it in the hood off of Singleton in West Dallas...at least they didnt smash the windows....

18. Byron Crump

Byron Crump

19. donobird

donobird
    from dfw

My older cousin Jeff hung out at the Hampton crossing. I guess that’s why when I got old enough I cruised all the strips in Dallas at one time or another.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

20. Byron Crump

Byron Crump

I just read this guys book about a fairly well known unsolved mystery that involves Forest Lane:

http://missinggirlsbook.blogspot.com/

It is a pretty decent read but the bonus is the parts about locations around Forest, a famous record store, some info on street racing off Emerald, and a section on cruising Forest and the wall.

21. Byron Crump

Byron Crump

BTW, if any of you did cruise in the mid to late 80's and you are not aware of the case I mentioned in the above post it might not hurt to look at the pics that were posted of guys they are trying to ID still...one of the photos looks like it is from the back seat of the Mustang the belonged to the girls that vanished...link to photos below:

http://missinggirlsbook.blogspot.com/2011/07/do-you-recognize-these-faces.html

22. donobird

donobird
    from dfw

The Cruise is coming up. October 20th 2012
    [​IMG]

23. donobird

donobird
    from dfw

The Next Forest Lane Cruise Reunion will be June 1st same weekend as Power Tour.

[​IMG]

24. donobird

donobird
    from dfw

25. donobird

donobird
    from dfw

26. Byron Crump

Byron Crump

27. Great coverage as always Byron!