Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods My first build...... take 2!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mooseman, Nov 30, 2012.

1. looks like a good start! can't wait to see more progress!

2. Mooseman

Mooseman

Wow I really need to update this thread. Project still on the go but not a lot has happened. I have spent most of my time besides working the last 2 years taking care of my dad who had cancer. Well he passed away a few weeks ago. I plan to get back into the project and will update as I go.

3. Hey Moose, sorry to hear of your Dad. I was thinking of your A build just yesterday and yes some updates are in order. JW :)

4. Is that an old Parahaki frame you got there ? JW

5. Mooseman

Mooseman

No its a pair of ASC rails, with a So-cal front crossmember and a 39 ford Rear crossmember

6. Moose , saddened to hear of your dad's passing . Remember he will be sittin on your shoulder overseeing your project tho , and I'm sure you'll do him proud . Go at it !

7. thirtytwo

thirtytwo

It's more about the pedal box and pedals.. I believe the k members are the same, I used a center from a 33-34 in a 32 frame once it worked pretty good..might be easier to find in NZ.. For a channeled car you might want to think of swinging pedals and Hyd clutch on the firewall

8. Mooseman

Mooseman

The 21 stud flathead that came in bits with this project I gave to my dad when we found out he was living on limited time. I told him we could get it all fixed up and we can put it back together so that he could fire it up whenever he wanted. Unfortunatly he passed way sooner then expected and the engine still sits in bits but I will still assemble it for him.

9. Nice !! Look forward to our cars and us meeting at an event in the future...... now get going !! JW :)

10. clem

clem

Pretty rare over here, I have a good one sand blasted and primed $1500 if you are still looking.Right hand drive.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2014
  11. Mooseman

Mooseman

Well before dad died I planned to buy his house so that he did not have to worry about money in his last days, him leaving this earth sooner then planned meant the sale went through after he passed but it happened and I have been fixing the place up as obviously my dad battling cancer for 2 years things were getting a bit run down.

One thing I really wanted to do was put up a nice new garage as I felt it would really add to the property. Well by some huge luck with the mortage and a bit of wheeling and dealing, I got to do just that.

Long story short after alot of back and forth and wondering how to go about it or whether to build it myself I decided to leave it to the experts and I wound up going to one of the garage companies. They could not have been better to deal with, great people who I would happily go to again.

Here are some pics.

Garage site:
    [​IMG]

Initial Landscaping:
    [​IMG]

Boxing Down:
    [​IMG]

Concrete poured"
    [​IMG]

Now for the awesome part. I went out of town the other week to visit family and this is what greated me when I returned:
    [​IMG]

I am really happy and will add more photos as I move into it properly. I had a limited budget but people may think I am crazy but I felt that I needed this, not just for my projects but to really add to the property and really make things nice in memory of my dad.

Kiwifruit likes this.
  12. Nice garage and looking forward to your build starting when you are all settled in. Your dad will be smiling. JW