Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 57 Courier Sedan Delivery

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MeanGene427, Apr 20, 2014.

1. MeanGene427

MeanGene427
    from Napa

Choices, choices... Just got a set of FPA headers for my 57 Sedan Delivery for a decent deal from a friend, so I'm pretty committed- and I just love my 427's... Gotta keep my governor on and do a mild one, so I can drive it a little- the "mileage" on the Galaxie with a 4K converter and 5.14's doesn't even compute :eek:
    Also just got a cherry set of original ALGON adjustable nozzles, and I already have pretty much the whole original setup, needle-type control (instead of a barrel) valve, aircraft pump, even the cast front cover with pump drive- but that should go on the Galaxie. Still, if I had another hood... So I'm thinking that cherry 324/500 cam out of a boat engine, and my Bird 6V setup- and the air cleaner just happens to have been trimmed at the back at some point, which seems to be a tight clearance area in a 57, so I wouldn't have to cut one. Also have a set of those sweet polished aluminum boat "spark arresters" that could spend some time on there. Got a couple sets of original chrome baldie covers, so the set with the breathers could go on there. And the pickup 3spd w/OD toploader for a little mileage. Still thinking..

Got this a couple months ago from the original owners- original paint

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  2. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

That is a nice looking delivery.

3. Man,that delivery is nice. HRP

4. barstowpo

barstowpo

How do you like the FPA headers?

5. chevy54man

chevy54man
    from NC

Looks really nice!

6. zoomma

zoomma

Really nice shape.
    Good luck with it.

7. MeanGene427

MeanGene427
    from Napa

They look very nice- and have 7/16 flanges, and ball collectors. I have heard nothing but good about them, supposed to clear the steering box, clutch linkage and trans crossmember. I heard that Stan from FPA has three 57's of his own- and ALL of his headers are nice. I also have a set of coated tri-y's in the shop for a customer's 69 428 Fairlane GT, and they are sweet...