Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Quick change parts?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by COOP, Apr 19, 2014.

1. COOP

COOP

Picked up an old Frankland (I think) quick change rear the other day. The backing plates have been cut to crap, there are no brake shoes, no wheel cyls. and a wide 5 bolt pattern. Where would I get the info to replace the brakes on this relic? I have found a disc brake adapter system, but I want the vintage look. I had a Frankland in one of my other cars and I found that there was a company called Frankland P.A. I guess this was a spin off of the original Frankland company. I ordered axles from them and got 'em in less than a week. Think this place would be able to help? My axle had grand national brakes on it and the shoes were huge. Did work well though. I just need to get this thing together. Thanx, Norm

2. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

Quiickchange Exchange on here can help you out and he is in MI above Pontiac. I would suggest you try any of the Circle Track shops and even Winters may have some brakes that will work on your Franklin.

3. goon56

goon56
    from new jersey

those old rears usually used 58-64? buick backing plates. to go with the buick drums. they are getting hard to find. everyone pretty much switched to the disc brakes by the early 80s. try hangin out with old roundy round guys. and see if there are any racing swap meets by u. stuff pops up from time to time. alot of it was mix match parts. but the backing plate bolt pattern it the same as early ford stuff.