Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage ***** HOT ROD HUNDRED**** coming to a city near you...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dan Hay, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Roothawg

Roothawg

Tshirt art...

not a very good pic, but you get the idea.

Attached Files:

2. MO_JUNK

MO_JUNK
    from Rolla, Mo.

3. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Kool art work, love that back tire....

4. I was gonna post the picture of the final t-shirt art, but it looks like Chris beat me to it!

Dave, I will do my darndest to get plenty of pictures. I've got Cory McMahon riding shotgun, and hopefully, I can work out a way where he can hitch amongst various vehicles, for some additional perspective in the group. Cory takes cool photos, and is pinstriping up our SWMO Long Distance Award.

5. BronxMopars1

BronxMopars1
    from Bronx, NYC

We need something like this on the East coast! So many nice places within 100miles (once you get away from the hellish Cross Bronx Expressway)

6. Artwork looks great! Looking forward to it and finally making progress on making my car reliable enough to do it! Goodbye teapot, hello 94's...

7. Hurley50

Hurley50
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NC

I would pick a driving event over a car show any day....

8. Smokin' Joe

Smokin' Joe
    Member Emeritus

Sounds like a BLAST!!! I want to get involved SOMEWHERE!!!
    A couple years ago I ran a rally with a bunch of Long-Distance-Motorcycle guys in my '32 roadster. I went 714 miles in 11 1/2 hours and made 10 stops to pick up points. (3 of them hours in the pouring rain!) and I came in 7th out of around 25 bikes (I was the only car) When you factor in approximately 6 minutes per stop, my AVERAGE speed was 68 mph! Anyhow, I really made an quite impression on the LDR guys, being a rookie and all.

If ya don't drive the wheels off 'em... what are you doing with 'em?

9. I am getting fired up especially now that I have seen the art work. If I don't have a rider your photographer can ride with me for a little bit. How will the route be marked.
    Let me know.
    Later,
    Dick

10. Thought about marking it like my beagle does.

I'm gonna try and get out on the 18th and place a few signs. Specifically at the Stockton dam.

I will make sure that there are folks who are familiar with the route throughout the group.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

11. Getting the registration bags put together for the SWMO Hot Rod Hundred and working on my T-shirt folding skills.

Attached Files:

12. Picked up several more goodie bags, from my ANPAC agent. We both had a great laugh over the Road Atlases that he included. He did suggest that we can start marking our routes in the pages, for historical documentation.

We are within the 10 day forecast window. You can keep an eye on it, but remember, unless we are experiencing tornado type weather, this run is rain or shine!

Looking forward to meeting each and every one of you who are coming to participate.

REMEMBER:
    Check-in (and breakfast!) will start at 7am and will run to 8:30.
    Pre-Departure meeting: 8:45am
    Departure time: 9:00am

If we run out of T-shirts, and you would like to order some, I'll be happy to order them with the next batch that we run, for the June events in OkC and DFW.

bret

13. frdsuperduty

frdsuperduty
    from Lewes De

Bear with me here guys I have to vent.Whats with this anti-lawn chair thing.Lawn chairs have been around hot rodders for a long time.I remember them in the 60s and i believe they go back way before that.Ever been to the Lincoln Memorial in Washington?What do you think he,s sitting on?Yep.I threw away my angel hair and plastic trophies but I need my Gotdam lawn chair.I mean Ive got no fenders or running boards to sit on,what am I suppose to do.So my question is how far do I have to drive to make me LC legal.Yea thats the ticket.I want to be lawn chair legal.Have lawn chair will travel.

14. desotot

desotot

Hmmm, they are all so far away, should do one here in B.C. I will put some thought towards that. Sounds like your routes are straight lines , not loops.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2014
  15. For me, its about the drive. I prefer to drive my hot rods, rather than have 'em parked somewhere like a steak n shake parking lot. There are a lot of really cool cars and trucks that never see any street time other than the commute from the garage to the local parking lot show. No fun in that for me.

Sure, I'll have a lawn chair in the trunk, but I'll log more time behind the wheel than I will in the lawn chair, and I'll be wearing a grin the whole time.

bc

16. Definitely a believer in Teen Challenge. With the SWMO event being the initial event that we had scheduled, (AZ was added later), my goal was to make the initial event pay for itself and provide some seed fundage for future additional events. I also didn't want to force charitable giving onto anyone.

Bret

17. Roothawg

Roothawg

You can bring your lawn chair if you are that attached, but just know we will taunt you.:cool:

18. MO_JUNK

MO_JUNK
    from Rolla, Mo.

I've been doing this so long that I still have my aluminum and web/strap folding lawn-chairs that I started with. I remember when the bag chairs started showing up and how much the vendors were asking for them. Looking forward to next Saturday. Sam

19. Just a quick reminder...the SWMO Hot Rod Hundred is THIS SATURDAY, April 19.

I'm blown away that there's over 50 cars registered, with guys coming in from from over 400 miles away. (I've heard rumor that there may be at least one from over 600 miles away)

While this is not a car show, and while I am not into trophies, there will be two awards available. One that nobody wants, a.k.a. the "Hard Luck" award, and the other will be a "Long Distance" award. Sam Kimbrough is designing the "Hard Luck" award, and Cory McMahon is gonna lay some of his pinstriping skills down for the "Long Distance" award.

If you don't want to wait for the day of the event, and want to go ahead and register while it's still fresh on your mind, send $25, via Paypal, to [email protected], along with the registration info (name, address, cell number, e-mail, car registering, t-shirt size and number of folks in your vehicle), and I'll get ya on the roster.

bret

20. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Looking forward to the road trip. Going to be kool running around Springfield with a lot of my friends.

21. Long Roof Larry

Long Roof Larry

Been working towards the new interior. Got to put the newly painted interior panels back in the wagon Friday. Hoping to get the new carpet in as well, but that might be a stretch! See you all Saturday morning!

22. Looking forward to seeing the wagoon, Larry! Be sure to bring a camera, too! ;-)

23. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Someone in the Michigan/Ohio area should be planning one of these. We've got so many neat destinations here it would be hard to limit it to 100 miles. I could see many of these during the course of the year.

Frank

24. bigken

bigken

Guess what time it is? Time to point it - NORTH...............cya in the morning.

25. Awesome. Drive careful, watch out for idiots, and enjoy the ride. See ya in the AM!

26. Roothawg

Roothawg

Ken, have a good time and take a bunch of pics. Also, please relay any improvements we can do to make the events better.

27. This is an awesome idea. I can't wait

Will T-shirts be available for the kiddos?

Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
  28. bigken

bigken

Made Ryno's...good cruise up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using H.A.M.B. mobile app

29. bigken

bigken

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using H.A.M.B. mobile app