Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Studebaker Guys on the H.A.M.B.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by woodysrods, Sep 24, 2011.

1. nrgwizard

nrgwizard
    from Minn. uSA

ch-z51;

Right fine engine choice. Out of the possible top 3 (& other 2 are unobtainium), you could've done worse... :D . My favorite mill.

Russ B;

I've seen some horn buttons, but can't remember who had them. Was at the May Meet in South Bend. There's a couple of guys in ca that might be able to help. I'll see if I can find their info. Drop me a PM w/your ph#.

NegativeMatt;
    Love the turbos. Don't suppose you have a build thread/page?

Marcus...

2. dos zetas

dos zetas

Once again, for a turbo Stude 6 banger built, see "Salt2Salt" Racing here on them there nets.

3. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

Do you have more pictures of your engine? Stude V8s have been so overlooked but are showing up more often now. The 259 is no slouch the 289 is a beast. They are heavy but very strong. There are new heads in the works.

4. sedan33

sedan33

Heres another

[​IMG]

Merki likes this.
  5. 270dodge

270dodge
    from Ohio

1966, a neighbor had a 39 champion coupe that he raced as a gasser. He got an offer to sell the Pontiac engine and hydro and it was sold. The 39 remained and I bought it for $200. I had a 392 Hemi waiting for it. The studnokker was a lot of fun! Anyone ever heard of the phrase (Runs like a Studebaker) ?

6. rufflesandwrenches

rufflesandwrenches
    from Eureka, CA

Here's my '51 3/4-ton project. Just got it home last week! It's all there, except someone chopped out the wiring. Still debating on whether to keep it stock or swap the drivetrain. Any thoughts on lowering these trucks? Just remove some leaves from the spring pack? It has a bazillion. First thing's first. I better get it running....

Attached Files:

7. hotrod_tommy

hotrod_tommy

Hey all.
    I'm gonna try to Coupe-ize my '34 Stude Dictator 4 door. Closest thing to a '34 Ford 5-w I'll have again, so here we go!
    Haven't yet found a guy to do the English wheel bit needed to make rear quarter to rolled over into the coupe trunk lid, but still looking.
    Plan is basic fenderless chopped hot rod, but newer V6 so I can afford to drive it everywhere. Was originally thinking I'd sell the whole rolling chassis (has running 6) but if you also visit SDC ya know how tight those Stude guys are. Probably just adding it all to the iron pile, may keep frame, may build my own, not sure yet.
    Solid old car, but YIKES! Wish me luck.
    hrt

Attached Files:

8. My project is getting close to the finish and I can't wait to drive it :D

Attached Files:

9. Bonneville Avanti Dan

Bonneville Avanti Dan
    from California

Update: I had to sell the camper as my health has taken a turn to the wrong side but I plan to bounce back in 2014. I sold the camper to a family who loves it and have promised to take good care of it. I sold the two 2R5 trucks to my buddy Pat. I want to do one more car before I can't work on them myself anymore. I just couldn't have one built it would make me crazy. So I now have two new Stude projects. My very first car was a 1959 Silver Hawk. So I bought this one out of Fresno. Very limited rust car and solid.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I plan to recreate my first car with Stude power and supercharged. I have a jag rear end set up and working on a front clip for modern suspension and steering. This is going to be a daily driver. It came with a 1957 Golden Hawk front fender and hood set up and the hood is even louvered. Should be very cool. Work is going slow while I get treatments but as soon as they are done I will get back to work on it. Soon I hope.

I figured I will need something to tow the car with that is equally cool so I picked this up:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Going to make a ramp truck out of it. Might see the Hawk to some of the Studebaker shows but mainly going to tow this to El Mirage and Bonneville:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Joined the team after the Avanti sold and hope to see some wheel time in it this year. So life is good and lots to look forward to. Studebakers forever.

10. Hyfire

Hyfire

Dan, that thing looks awesome. Can't wait to see what you do with it...

11. Bonneville Avanti Dan

Bonneville Avanti Dan
    from California

Josh,
    I just read through your posts tonight. It really takes me back to a good time in my life. The Lark is being built in Nor Cal by the Dutch Treat Racing Team and you can see more of it by going to the web site by that name. I am excited to be a member of the team and look forward to helping them reach their goals for the car. I will let you know where when we will be at El Mirage so you can drop by and say hi. Would love to meet you in person. Would love to see the Chrysler in person some day too. Take care.
    Dan

12. Don Martin

Don Martin
    from West Tenn

Building a Studebaker to run Bonneville this year. Still a lot of work to do but getting close. C class engine GF4A trans and a Quick change. Hopeing to run around 250mph.

13. camcb

camcb

Here's my 62 Hawk being surrounded by it's new home...
    [​IMG]

14. Visions

Visions

Anbody know of a decent frame that would work for my '27 Vic Coupe. Is there a good replacement for the original that would at least halfway line up. ie. different year or model?

15. 270dodge

270dodge
    from Ohio

It's an old, old saying "Runs like a Studebaker" Who knows?

16. Oscar_Da_Grouch

Oscar_Da_Grouch

1959 Silver Hawk owner :)

If you want something bad enough you'll go get it. If you didn't get it.......it's because you didn't want it bad enough !

17. spuds

spuds
    from Idaho

I bought this today.

[​IMG]

18. That's awesome!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

19. MedicCustoms

MedicCustoms

Have you guys heard of a Bill Fricks studalac forgive the spelling. Lol

20. PackardV8

PackardV8

A bit of google work will bring up a week's worth of reading on Bill Frick and his Studillac as well as his Fordillac. Studillac is a name given to a customized 1953-55 hard-top Studebaker coupé fitted with a Cadillac V8 engine. It cost about $1500 more than the Studebaker. An option was a dual-range Hydra-Matic transmission, at an additional $500.

jack vines

21. MedicCustoms

MedicCustoms

Ya I know I'm building Bob B's studilac now. Its a friend of mine's car now. I'll post pics later. It's a 1954 hardtop.

22. Chevguy37

Chevguy37

23. Chevguy37

Chevguy37

Sorry, forgot to do the text. 61 Lark 2 door wagon. Studebaker powered with a 700R4.

24. Mike5063

Mike5063

Hello other Stud ebakers, New to this vehicle restoring 50 Champion and 63 Avanti. I am very interested in improving the performance of the 63. This is a R-2 any tips would be appreciated especialiy parts sources for cams, rockers, etc. Thanks

25. Reverborama

Reverborama
    from Minnesota

26. Got my stude for sale for $1800. It's a 54 champion Conestoga wagon. Pretty solid project car missing front seats and generator (was replaced with an alternator and that was stolen) everything else is there. It ran good and shifted into reverse and 1st gear but brakes are bad. Needs quarter panel repair, and fender repair, maybe some other rust repair, but nothing that can't be fixed.

27. Shinerunner88

Shinerunner88

We're bringing this to the Scrap Drive in Belvidere on June 7th to sell, asking price $14,000.00. Also lots of Mopar slot cars and sets made by Eldon, 50's movie posters from Mamie Van Doren, lots of 50's girlie and hot rod type magazines, lots of advertising and original decorating items. If it's raining hard, won't set up, Our 1956 Studebaker pickup we build years ago, we wanted an old school 60's look. No show queen it's driven to work, swap meets, and anywhere else we want to go.
    Diecast rebuilds and Studebaker 001.jpg

Diecast rebuilds and Studebaker 002.jpg

Diecast rebuilds and Studebaker 003.jpg

Diecast rebuilds and Studebaker 007.jpg

Last edited: Jun 5, 2014
  28. Jcox68rt

Jcox68rt

29. Shinerunner88

Shinerunner88

The frame is full length, no front sub frame, it's boxed 2 by 5 from the cab back and narrowed. It has Mustang II front and a Dana 60 with 3:55 posi. It also has parallel leaf springs in the rear. The truck is mini tubbed and a 10" wide rim and the 12.50 M/T Sportsman Pros fit perfectly. Never bottomed out with it. It has a solid 2" oak bed, custom made tailgate, 54 Buick headlights all custom metal work done by my buddy, he's a lifetime body man and customizer. The rear sits low because we mounted the spring perches up higher and the frame is Z ed. It's going up for sale, $15,000.00 I live in Northern Illinois just off the Wisconsin border. There's a new 350 horse 350 crate engine with 5000 miles and a turbo 350 with shift kit and a good converter. If I don't sell it, I'm tearing it apart and building a straight axle gasser out of it with a new paint job.