Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Gene (Moonlighter) Cromer's A/G Willys Resurrection

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Quain Stott, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Frank Taylor

Frank Taylor
    from Iva, SC

Thanks Quain, that made my day! Don't forget to bring that pre-print copy of TRJ to Greer, I can't wait to see it.

2. Looking forward to seeing all you guys at Greer. HRP

3. so im in high school and for my photography/video class we are working with photoshop, so i decided to do a moonlighter shirt, i did copy the text from the one design but its only for school and i thought it would be cool to post them here :D love the build by the way!

Attached Files:

4. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

Very nice, They would make some cool looking shirts.

5. Frank Taylor

Frank Taylor
    from Iva, SC

I agree with Merlin, but the shirts would be very expensive to produce. I would like to have 1 of all three.

6. UK Slingshot

UK Slingshot

Cool shirts, hope you did well in your class. :thumbup:

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

7. Did you get Gene's permission to do this? :confused: HRP

8. OldColt

OldColt

9. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

I would hope GENE would be honored that a kid in high school sees inspiration in the car and history to use it for a high school project and not for profit use at this point in time. Most kids are into rice burners, or jacked up trucks with glass packs. This kid could be helping spread the heritage of racing and possibly help grow the sport.

10. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

X6 there are 3 of us here, couldn't agree more Gene would be honored.

11. Bad Banana

Bad Banana

12. Frank Taylor

Frank Taylor
    from Iva, SC

I think Gene would honored also.

13. thanks guys, this actually means alot, im always trying to spread the heritage of drag racing and traditional hotrods, look at my instagram for example :D and for my first car i built up a 64 352 fe, unfortunately the truck doesn't belong on this forum. anyways, there is a chance that i will be going to the gasser race at greer dragway next weekend. hope i get a chance to meet some of you guys :cool:

14. Frank Taylor

Frank Taylor
    from Iva, SC

I hope to see you at Greer, be sure to look us up.

15. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

Make sure to come by my pits and introduce your self and remind me you are the one that did the drawing of the shirts, if you can get me to slow down long enough. Also your welcome to hang out in my pits and this goes for all hamb members as always.

16. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

Steve sent me the advanced copy of the Rodders Journal it's 16 pages on Gene Cromer. Lot's of other cool stuff in there too, but the job they did on Gene's story is worth the price of the Magazine. Gene hasn't seen it yet I talked to him tonight and he can't wait. Make sure to support Rodders Journal for doing this for Gene

17. Frank Taylor

Frank Taylor
    from Iva, SC

Be sure to bring it to Greer.

18. 37willysgasser

37willysgasser

When's that magazine come out? I need to pick that up😁

19. 91whitestang

91whitestang
    from Wisconsin

X2 i cant wait to get my hands on a copy of that!

20. Leave it to a old fart like me to totally miss that these are Photoshopped and not actual T-shirts for sale.

My apology for jumping the gun and my fellow hamb members for pointing out my error.

The work is first class,I do hope your teacher was impressed. HRP

21. chevydeucewagon

chevydeucewagon

Quain is correct, the upcoming issue of The Rodders Journal with Gene's Willys is very well done...but aren't they all. As usual, Steve did an awesome job of photographing the Moonlighter and the article is perfect. It contains lots of personal never before seen tidbits that everyone will enjoy I'm sure!

Thanks again to Steve for coming out to shoot the Moonlighter. I'm sure that Quain will agree with me that spending the day cruising around town and bench racing with Steve Coonan was one of the coolest things ever.

Sorry for the crappy cel phone picture but it was late last night when I took it and Quain was running around me like a mad man! :)

[​IMG]

22. Frank Taylor

Frank Taylor
    from Iva, SC

Steve Coonan said it would be around June when he did the shoot. Keep checking here, someone will post when it's available. Here's their website. http://www.roddersjournal.com/

23. 37willysgasser

37willysgasser

Thanks Frank!👍

24. thanks guys, looking forward to meeing all of you guys in person,and i am really looking forward to the race:D

25. Frank Taylor

Frank Taylor
    from Iva, SC

Wow!!! Over 354,000 views of this thread!

26. Gene Cromer

Gene Cromer
    Member Emeritus

Thanks Rob, I really like the design of the shirts, I give you an A+. There may be some in the future but right now i am shirt poor.
    Gene,

27. DGreggsr

DGreggsr
    from SC

Gene and Melvin have been working hard and got ole Blue ready to go. Melvin was at my house saturday and we have the trailer all prepped and cleaned up for saturday. I am really getting excited. It has been a long cold winter. Need a little gas in my blood.:D:D

28. Frank Taylor

Frank Taylor
    from Iva, SC

I stopped by Gene's today. Melvin was checking to see if all the nuts and bolts were tight after working on the rear end and Gene was doing some polishing. Saturday looks to be very interesting, I can't wait!

29. See you guys sat. early. Tell Melvin I'm ready for some more drag racing war stories. I'm sure Gene is chomping at the bit Can't wait to hear that ole FE talk

30. Looking forward to Saturday. HRP