Register now to get rid of these ads!

1956 chevy gasser build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Uncledirty616, Apr 28, 2012.

1. Uncledirty616

Uncledirty616

Trial fitting the front clip. Its nice to see the car as a 56 finally.
    [​IMG]

2. Uncledirty616

Uncledirty616

3. Uncledirty616

Uncledirty616

Clutch pedal is mounted and works, we were able to move the tires with the clutch pressed in , and the car in gear! Sounds trivial, but very exciting for me!
    [​IMG]

4. Butch M

Butch M

Wow love the new front clip

5. I know that feeling well Joel. The first time I got to drive our 56 with a clutch pedal instead of that miserable power glide it came with, I had a woody the size of Texas. There is something super bad ass about driving a stick shift ("straight drive" trans if your from Quain's neighborhood)Gasser, especially if it has plenty of bite to go with its bark.

PS. I got a Moon foot to put in ours too.., SSCCCHHHWWWIIINNNG!

6. ottos

ottos

Stick shift all the way brother!!! I would burn mine to ground before putting auto trans in it

7. Kevin, you need to tow out with us in July!

8. ottos

ottos

What's in July Ric?

9. doh! The melt down drags in byron illinois, silly goose!

10. Uncledirty616

Uncledirty616

Ric losing to this bad dog, ;) Oh, and what is shaping up to be the greatest nostalgia event in history!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

11. Uncledirty616

Uncledirty616

Awesome, the thing is the size of a lunar Lander, but way cool. How long before yours is out doing some T &T?

12. WTF! Dude, listen man, the only thing The Child is gonna lose to Engine Crow is the weigh in! Speaking of losing, when you gonna lose those front wheels you stole off someone's 2004 GM 3/4 ton pickup? I gotta pick you up se proper skinny slots, what bolt pattern are you spindles, cause damn son!

13. Uncledirty616

Uncledirty616

Don't worry panty ton, I got the new bling for the show, just haven't mounted them yet ;)

14. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Smack talk, Love It! Just like being out @ the Street Race's. The only stripe's being laid down is from all the Shit that hit's the pavement :eek: :D

15. OH YEAAA!!! Heat it up!!

16. Butch M

Butch M

It looks like it's on battle of the 56's dang I would love see it The Meltdown Drags is going to be the Event of the year..........

18. carpok

carpok
    from Indy

Great build from the get go. And it just keeps getting better. The trans and front end brings it all together. Loved the test runs out in front of the shop. Was expecting to see one of those blue MSP cars show at any time. (Would of been my luck).
    Look forward to seeing you at the melt down. I'll be in the white 55 with a front bumper. Ron

19. Bean Dip

Bean Dip
    BANNED

I like you how you guys did this. Is it aluminum? Just about ready to start on mine too. So many different ways you can skin this cat and I haven't quite figured out my plan of attack.

Happy to see you having fun and excited about your "road trip". Your gonna have a blast. Hopefully somebody videos you and Ric running. Hell, maybe you both should mount a gopro or flip camera and point it towards each others lane for some good footage?

20. We're all over the GoPros Bean, every one is gonna load em up with video, and Saxxon is gonna make a "block buster" out of all the footage.

21. Bean Dip

Bean Dip
    BANNED

That will turn out real cool! Saxxon does good on his video work too. Looking forward to seeing that.

22. Uncledirty616

Uncledirty616

Well now I got to add that to the list!! Dammit Ric! Lol actually Ric we should do this, point them at each other I mean. Edit it into one video, would be bad ass, till I spank the child and make ya cry. That sounded much dirtier then intended

23. Uncledirty616

Uncledirty616

Yep, it's aluminum. Then we are gonna glue/bond it to the hood, I was advised against fiberglass ing it to the hood, it will just lift and separate, like a cross your heart bra.

24. Bean Dip

Bean Dip
    BANNED

YESSSSSSS!!!!....no I mean NO!!! You made my heart skip a beat there....

I was planning on gluing mine as well. Aluminum would be really nice, but Eastwood has the tig I bought on backorder :mad:

Last edited: Apr 19, 2014
  25. Uncledirty616

Uncledirty616

Are we skipping a beat because of the bra or the aluminum?

26. Bean Dip

Bean Dip
    BANNED

The bra...I like me some boobies.....yep....................tig ol' bittys..................uh hmm...no but that clip is really looking niiiiiice!

27. Great idea pointing them at each other, that way every other living soul on planet earth can watch me waving goodbye to you too as I blow by in a hurricane of old laquer paint chips fly'n off the ole ladies flamed n laquer checked ass, & the ensuing vortex draft sucks you into a tail spin of UNIMAGINABLE TERROR & SHAME!!!..,SSHHHAAAZZZAAAM!!!

28. Uncledirty616

Uncledirty616

Tail spin?? I just want to see what it looks like when i blow the fiberglass off those fender flares!!! BAZINGA!!!!

29. Uncledirty616

Uncledirty616

Got the framework mounted to the front end
    [​IMG]

30. Uncledirty616

Uncledirty616

Mounted on the car...Officially! [​IMG]