Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Pate Swap Meet - check in

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by stillrunners, Apr 17, 2014.

1. Well....getting close....I'll be at the usual spots just east/south? of the main drag of Petty - bringing the BIG red wagon...come and buy my high price stuff....and help my retirement fund!!!

lawrence

2. Andy

Andy

505 on 8th. Stop by have a drink and shade and buy something or just BS.

3. 33Tudor

33Tudor

I guess we'll be there selling old magazines!!!:D

4. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Had some good luck selling last year, hope to be on the other side this year, looking for some good deals. What time do they open up the gates Friday ? He'll I'm off, maybe I can beat the crowds and fine me some unobtanium.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

5. if your a vender sneaking in - entry gates should be open by 7am....Petty drive in the middle is usually open earlier for venders.....the public entries on the west/south at Petty drive should be open that early -7am- for traffic....most venders/people are stirring about daylight....or by 7:30....depending on the previous days sales...

I'm bringing more cars(drivers?) this year....not sure about my small stuff...

hey....always need old mags - any Hot Rod Annuals or small mags...?

pretty sure row 5 - space 656....and then a few more....on the corner...

6. dinokruzordinance

dinokruzordinance

Stand back fellars shes a wild one ...

I got two Forty Ford pickups to sell ...

Saddle up

7. Ill be looking for a set of cragar ss for the econoline.

8. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Sounds good if the weather holds out I'm gonna roll on through early friday then, after I drop my son at school I'm free all day.

9. I will be there with my girlfriend looking at all the stuff I want to buy that I don't need, and buying all the stuff that I need but don't want.

10. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Pate was such an iconic meet for the first 30 plus years out at the Pate Museum of Transportation acreage. Dust storms, torrential rain, blazing heat, freezing cold, and every combination thereof, it was more sunny and clear than inhospitable but what times we had there! What deals were made!

11. ol-nobull

ol-nobull

Hi. Driving up Tuesday to help our AACA sponsering club set up the info booths Wensday. That will take care of my required club work particapation for the event & will have the rest of the week to prowl the vendors looking for whatever for my 46 coupe.

Will be the old coot packing a lawn chair to take many needed breaks as my legs don't hold up for long as they used to.

I will be wearing tags from AACA, VCCA, Inliners and the HAMB. Say Howdy if you see me.

Jimmie

12. NMCarNut

NMCarNut
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Will be there at least through Saturday. Will be interesting to see what the weather will bring us this year.

13. I still have my round disc space markers hanging on the wall in the garage. They still have dried mud from the rainstorm the final year at the museum. miss those days, mud and all. :(

14. APACHE FS

APACHE FS

Started loading last night, hope the weather is good but it's always fun either way. I will let everyone know where we are as soon I I can find the info.
    Scott

15. EZ Cool

EZ Cool
    Alliance Vendor
    from Slaton TX

1000 1001 13th again. Look for our ad in the Pate Times.

16. Airhart

Airhart

I'm going to have my Apache in a car corral spot, hoping to get some cash to build a roadster, or maybe someone that has an A or T project and wants a truck!

17. here's my early spots along the fence line next to the museum grounds and bathrooms/showers...sure hated to sell the Studie p/u but the neighbor at the time always called code compliance when I pulled it out of the garage to work on it....about 1979....there's old blue in the corner.....note mud....moved down to the bottoms after this....

pate stude.jpg

18. think fer sure this was later....waiting to get in.....looks like just a truck load...
    note wet-ness....old blue's still around...really think there's one more left in er'...

pate blue.jpg

19. here's a pic of the meet from the early 80's.....the parking on the north side would soon be taken over for spaces....

Pate 1983.jpg

20. ddpecka348

ddpecka348

We will be there tomorrow evening!

21. Got the O/T red Vette in the car corral! Hoping to finance a new red interior in th 47!

22. I remember carrying a 9'' third member from the very bottom of the old Pate up to and down the highway past the bridge. Seems I couldn't move for a week after. I miss the old Pate.

23. Sundown Kid

Sundown Kid

Ill be there vending with my pops, I'm guessing it'll mostly be OT mopar and various stuff, hot rod parts don't leave the garage :D

24. Airhart

Airhart

In 1152 and 1153, bringing the flatbed Apache in the morning, hopefully someone will buy this '57 roller so I can have some more room!

Any Hambers want any of it just say you're from the hamb!

25. man-o-man....never seen it fill up so much on a Wed morning....think it's almost a sell out as I saw the south spaces behind the hospitality building filling up....

there's a nice 40' 2dr complete sedan down from me - asking $4450 -lots already done....

and yes....discounts given to HAMBr's......also free bottled water....

lawrence

26. APACHE FS

APACHE FS

We got down there in that south section, I came in late but it is full for sure! Can't wait to find some crap I don't need.
    We are 2231 and surrounding spaces, look for the 53 dodge truck clip. fellow Hamber Mike will be there all day tomorrow holding down the fort.
    Scott

27. I will be there about 10:30 this morning. Mainly looking for '56 Ford Customline mouldings.

28. 54 Chevy

54 Chevy

I walked all day today and still did not see it all.

29. Silverplate

Silverplate

Spent the last two days at the Pate Swap meet at the Texas Motor Speedway and came home with this 8-foot tall Studebaker reproduction sign. Got it from a guy makes them out of Oklahoma City, top quality piece.
    [​IMG]

30. 54 Chevy

54 Chevy