Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Model A Ford Coupe & Roadster Rear Rollpan Build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Metaltwister, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Metaltwister

Metaltwister
    Member Emeritus

Wow thanks for the pm's, kind words, and the positive response to these roll pans. Id like to let everyone know that they are now for sale on the Hamb O Dex. Without turning this into a full blown advertisement If there is any interest please check out the Hamb O Dex link on my signature. You will have to scroll down through the seat stuff to get to it. Or give me a PM and we can go from there. Strange what comes out of a simple thread! :eek:
    Thanks again, M.T.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2015
  2. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

twas no joke.

3. von Dyck

von Dyck

A Champ Quickchange is always the desired look with the rear valance or rolled pan! BTW, nice work!

4. Metaltwister

Metaltwister
    Member Emeritus

<HR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #e5e5e5; COLOR: #e5e5e5" SIZE=1> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
    Ok guys I have several of these things shipped off so hopefully we can start getting fresh pics of the roll pans installed. Im going to be adding them to my web site and need some good pics of them on cars. Thanks. If you would rather PM me the pics that would be wonderful as well. :cool:
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

5. mike bowling

mike bowling

A friend of mine was cleaning out his garage, and I ( being the last stop before the junkyard) got a lot of odds and ends from him. One item was the back curve and about 5" of the sides from a 50's pickup roof. What did you have this for I asked. To make a rear roll pan for my Model A was the reply. It's about 6" too wide, but I held it up and it would work really well with some cutting and welding- sorry no pics. Metaltwister's version looks pretty cool- install and GO!

6. Metaltwister

Metaltwister
    Member Emeritus

Whats the old saying... "There is more than one way to skin a cat". Why anybody would be skinning a cat I dont have a clue, but what ever it takes to get the job done, right? Fridge doors, Truck cabs, or forming it out of sheet metal I think its an improvement on a already cool body style. This thread isnt about what Im building but what everyone is doing... Keep the ideas coming.

7. Bikertrash

Bikertrash
    from Boise

I sure do love mine! As my friend Jeff Lebowski says, "It really ties the room together". Couldn't have been a better person to work with either. Two thumbs up! Pictures will follow as soon as I get my stuff together. Right now it's held on with Klinkos.

8. Metaltwister

Metaltwister
    Member Emeritus

Clecos never bothered anyone... :D Oh by the way this is what I need the pictures for. http://www.hotrodseats.com/new/ I need to finish up the new coming soon part of the new web site... but no pressure or anything. :D Notice the HAMB offer on the home page? :rolleyes: :cool:

9. Metaltwister

Metaltwister
    Member Emeritus

10. Donut Dave

Donut Dave

Here's my effort!!! 109.jpg

11. As soon as you get one worked out for a Brookville 32, I'll be your first customer. (Just make sure it's more economical than HR&CS's. They're crazy with their pricing!

12. Metaltwister

Metaltwister
    Member Emeritus

Looks really nice Dave! So it looks like the lower body has been trimmed up a bit and the lower sub frame removed or did you use the sub frame as part of the roll pan? What ever you did it looks great and at first glance I didn't notice the whole body had been modified. Very nice indeed...

13. Metaltwister

Metaltwister
    Member Emeritus

This Hot Rod game has gotten out of hand with the prices. But on the other hand the price of supplies, electricity, and everything else that goes into manufacturing has sky rocketed in the last few years. I'm sure glad I have been able to keep the over head low so I can keep the prices at least affordable for most. I promise the 32 pans will be in the same ball park as the Model A pans. I wont kick up the price just because its for a Deuce! I will post up some pics when I get there. Thanks for the enthusiasm.

14. Donut Dave

Donut Dave

The roll pan is attached to the existing stock sub frame, the fenders were bobbed 2".....

15. Metaltwister

Metaltwister
    Member Emeritus

Here are a couple that I have gotten pics back from.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Hier

Hier
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

17. dmdeaton

dmdeaton

I know this thread is old, but anyone have any pics of a sedan with a roll pan?