Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest I'm devastated. Bad bad news.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rickybop, Jan 16, 2014.

1. cmarcus

cmarcus

Rick - Just ran across this whole thread. Certainly praying for continued peace for you. I can't even begin to imagine what you are going through. But I believe, as you are saying, "to God be the Glory". And to read through this now, and still see you saying that is a testament to all of us here, and your words were a reminder I was needing.

God bless you brother.

2. MrModelT

MrModelT

This has to be the sadest thing I have ever read here......and it makes my heart ache :(

Words cannot convey how bad I feel for you and how much I hope and pray for some sort of "Happy Ending" to this situation....

Hopes and prayers are sent...

Mr. and Mrs. Model T

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. Thoughts and prayers to you.
    -Pat

4. Wreckingball

Wreckingball

I wish I could offer you words of comfort to ease your pain, it is with tears in my eyes and a pain in my heart is all that I can share with you. I cannot even contemplate what my life would be without my wife of 32 years. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

-Lou

5. Seems bad luck happens to the nicest people! They were both a class act and lets hope his luck is about to change! Good luck n god bless my friend!

6. castirondude

castirondude

Nothing can fill such a void.. it just takes time.. :(

7. I am so, so, so sorry! I can not possibly imagine anything close to how you feel. You are in my prayers. Hang on, brother.

8. hallrods

hallrods

Hang in there Rick and get some well needed rest. I agree with the other posters get your truck back! they had no right to take that from you.

9. Man I am seriously sorry to hear this. Stay strong and remind yourself of those that are there for you. So sorry.

10. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

Rick, I cant believe I did not see this thread previously, you have gone through so much pain that can not be imagined. You have remained strong with your wonderful wifes memories, I pray that life gets better for you as time goes on. Larry

11. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thank you everyone. Thank you Charlie. Actually, those words..."To God goes the glory" and "Hallelujah anyhow" and many others...are Sandy's words. Well, actually she got 'em out of some old book.;) But she's my inspiration. And it seems over the last couple months that she's been an inspiration to many more here than just me. I'm glad.

12. You're one of the good guys, Rick. You've been through some unimaginable shit. You have a lot of positive thoughts and prayers from your HAMB family. Things will get better. Hang in there my friend. May you find some comfort soon.

13. 31DAN

31DAN

I'm so sorry! !!! ...it sounds like a huge loss....remember the good times.....God Bless

14. 333 Half Evil

333 Half Evil

Rick, it was a pleasure hearing from you earlier today. Shawn and I talk about you a lot and every day hope for a little bit of ease to come your way. You know this will take time, but believe me, it will slowly start getting better. As you see from all the replies to this post, you have a wonderful support group here, and all of those who reply would never mind hearing (reading) from you if you choose to come here and post. This can and will help you get through those days that seem soo tough. Do not give up hope, keep your faith, and trust in the fact that time will take the sting away. I sure wish we was closer in location to each other, or that I was not working 70-90 hours a week, so we could hang out and spend some time face to face laughing and crying over memories and stories of our past. I'm soo glad that the HAMB was here and we met just chatting online here sharing the love we have for cars and the shitstorm they cause in our lives!!! I need to sign off and get to bed, gotta be up in 3 hours to get back to work, but before I do I just want to let you know you can call me anytime, no matter what for, and we can talk for as long as you need. Please lean on me, and the friends you have here on the HAMB, as we will help you through this together. Keep your head up, cherish the memories,
    laugh, cry, and remember we are here for you. Hang in there Brother....

15. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Bawling pretty hard this morning. Monday was 3 months since Sandy's been gone. Today is her birthday. May 8th is mine. We didn't just have birthDAYS, we'd celebrate the whole birthMONTH, with little presents for each other nearly every day. Spring time was Sandy's favorite time of year. We would've been enjoying each other's company on the patio and watching the birds and squirrels. She'd be looking for the first signs of crocuses and tulips. "Rick! Come look!" Later, we'd maybe go for a tractor ride and then take the Hudson for a ride in the country. She'd turn to me and exclaim, "Isn't it a beautiful day?" And I'd laugh and have to agree. I love her and miss her so much.

16. Rickybop keep those good memories alive, they will comfort you in the years ahead.

17. It's amazing what will trigger memories and thoughts! Like you, little things stir my emotions.

My mom died January 31, 2008. Her funeral was February 3. Imagine driving to the graveside seeing daffolils in full bloom....in early February! Now, I can't look at a daffodil without thinking of her.

Eventually the emotions will be more pleasant than unpleasant....eventually. Even 6 years later, "scars" are healing. They will always be "scars", but their "appearance" will diminish as the years go by.

God bless you, Brother! May grace and peace be yours!

18. Rick,it is ironic that Sandy and I share the same birthday.

I will keep her in my thoughts today as I have ever since her passing,,and I hope you spend the day remembering the good times and not the last 3 months.

You are a much respected member of the Hamb and your absence over the last few months has been felt. HRP

19. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

No kiddin'? You and Sandy share the same birthday? That's awesome Danny. How fitting. A very happy birthday to you my friend. Thank you for the kind words of support and being there for me buddy. - Rick

Last edited: May 17, 2014
  20. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks HD. Thanks Brett.

21. Torchie

Torchie

Rickybop
    I never commented on the original posting because I felt that at that time I had no words that could help to ease your pain.
    Now I would like to share some with you.
    I have played for many years in the local community bands and one of my section mates was an older gentleman. His wife of 62 years passed away.
    Next summer he and I were playing in the band as usual. We started to play a very old song at rehearsal and I looked over to see Doc starting to weep.
    I put my arm around him and not really knowing what else to say I asked "Are you ok Doc" He looked up at me for a moment and then replied." No I'm not. But I can get there from here".
    As it turned out the song we were practicing was one that was played at their wedding.
    I have carried those words with me thru many of my personal trials (Some of which you and I have discussed via PM) and take a measure of comfort from them.
    You will have moments where you too are not "OK" but you can and will "get there from Here"
    Peace and Mercy to you brother.
    Torchie.

22. I imagine that you are probably feeling quite a void today, on Sandy's first birthday since her passing. Although you will always miss her, I hope you will one day be able to turn to that place and find not an empty place, but instead a place filled with love, where her presence is always with you, and it will cause you to be comforted...and to smile.

Celebrate her birthday today, Rick. She is with you.

Love and blessings to you, my friend.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
  23. Rick,
    A birthday in Heaven! I'll bet she's thanking God for you too.
    Chuck

24. mashed

mashed
    from 4077th

Brought tears to my eyes, Rick.

It is a beautiful day.

Close your eyes and daydream a wonderful tractor ride and know she'll be there too.

25. She ll always be in your heart! Now take a cruise in the car with her spirit with you and enjoy the day the best you can my friend!!

YBNORML likes this.
  26. Johnny49

Johnny49

Rick, we don't know each other but I certainly understand what you're going through. My mother died tragically when I was 17. Ironically I learned of her death not more than a couple of minutes after seeing the truck that would eventually become mine for the first time. My project is of course a tribute to her memory. And finally, 33 years later, I am only a few weeks away from driving that truck for the first time. It will be a difficult but special moment, because I know without a doubt that she will be right there riding shotgun. I just wanted to say that while you will have your difficult moments, don't ever lose sight of the good times. And understand that wherever you go, Sandy will always be right there riding shotgun. Stay strong...

27. NEWFISHER

NEWFISHER
    from Oregon

Rick-Light as many candles as you can today and as mashed mentioned, take a trip on that tractor with her!

Thank you for the PM's and keeping in touch with us all. We all have rough spots in our own lives and it helps me to see your courage, even on the tough days. Stay strong, stay calm and stay in touch.

28. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Torchie, I'm so glad you posted. Thank you for sharing your story. I too hope "I can get there from here." Sandy was always so encouraging to me, and I still rely on that. At times it seems pointless to even make the effort with her gone, but she helped me to believe that we don't have to understand why things happen, but to simply have faith in His plan for us, and to do the best we can.

Saxman and Mashed...Mike and Mike. Among a handful of others, you two have been very good friends of mine for a long time now, and Sandy was well aware of it...and happy and grateful for it...for my sake. Thanks fellas...from both of us.

W7...Chuck, and CTK. You two have been very kind to me in the recent past. I owe you guys a debt of gratitude as well. Thank you.

It's natural and expected that I'd experience strong emotions today. I miss her terribly, and if I didn't shed some tears, I'd think something was wrong. I do have a certain pride that I was so blessed to spend 27 years with her. And even that brings tears.

Everything's as it should be. She was a beautiful person. And it is a beautiful day.

29. Hang in there Rick things will get better.

30. chevy54man

chevy54man
    from NC

My brother take care of yourself.....thoughts and prayers are with you today