Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage Go-Karts

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by VonMoldy, Mar 17, 2008.

1. egiA2010

egiA2010

Bump

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. Here's a couple more of mine.
    Left - 1961 McCulloch with dual MC9's
    Center - 1961 Xterminator with triple MC10's
    right - 1961 Fox with dual Clinton E65's

Attached Files:

2NDCHANCE likes this.
  3. stuart in mn

stuart in mn

Can anyone identify the make and vintage of this cart a friend recently picked up?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. alaska2stroke

alaska2stroke

Blitz.............

Attached Files:

5. Yes it is a Blitz! I had one back in the 60's. Wish I had it now.

6. stuart in mn

stuart in mn

Thanks for the help - I did a google image search on 'Blitz Kart' and found pictures of similar carts, so that sounds right.

7. alaska2stroke

alaska2stroke

The Blitz sold for $350 on E-bay. The wheels are worth that. Decent deal.

8. FOIFER

FOIFER
    from New Jersey

Does anybody know if this is a Rupp kart? If so, year/model?

Thanks!
    John

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      123.7 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      37.8 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      35.7 KB
      Views:
  9. No , Its a Clark or maybe a Manco . Yard kart ..

10. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

Blitz Karts were made out on Long Island and later moved to Danbury, Connecticut

Mark did you purchase your Blitz Kart at Toby's Hobby Center In Darien?

The first Blitz karts only used the half steering wheel concept and then they changed to the full steering wheel.

Back in the mid to late 60's I raced in North Brookfield, Mass. at a track called Lash-A-Way and we also raced in West Greenwich, R.I. at Steve Lamoches track.

Cuddebackville, New York was another great little go kart track located in western New York.

In the late 60's I sold my sprint karts and purchased a Hornet Endro kart which was what they called a lay down kart. The Hornet Karts were made in Waco, Texas and were very popluar with road racers.

I raced the Hornet Kart at Bridgehampton, Wakins Glen, Thompson Speedway, Summit Point, West Virgina and the old V.I.R. which was located in Danville, Virgina. One other great old kart track was located in Loudon, N.H. and run by Herb Quarterly.

The Connecticut Kart Club was the most active kart club in the New England Area back in those day's and they put on many great races.

Sure had fun racing karts. Jim Hill

11. Bought the Blitz used from private party. I restored it naturally and drove the crap out of it in many parking lots. Again I would love to have it now so my granddaughters could drive it on my 800' driveway.

12. Hellfish

Hellfish

Why do you think it's a yard kart? Dropped axle, sitting that low to the ground, it seems like a race kart, but I'm still trying to learn about these things.

13. Clark and Manco made karts like this ( yard karts ) a plastic steering wheel , Manco wheels

14. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

Not sure if that is a Rupp kart or not. Micky Rupp was a great guy.

I will have to take a look at my old .25 cents karting magazines.

I have a many boxes full from the early 60's all the way up through the 90's.

In the 60's everyone raced under the I.K.F. karting rules but around 1971 W.K.A. or World Karting Association was formed and that really took off and got very big. In the 80's I used to sell Karting News at the tracks I went to.

I still have all the Free stuff McCulloch used to give give us for using their engines.

They would give you helmets, helmet bags, banners, and all kinds of Free stuff.

Those were fun times. Jimbo

15. Scalemotorcars

Scalemotorcars

Recent $50 barn find. I think its a 1960 or 1961 Sears. Its in fairly good condition and came with most of an AH-82 Power Products motor.

Im thinking about restoring it and would appreciate color photos of an original. Also looking for a white steering wheel.

Attached Files:

16. here are my three
    1960/61 rupp
    a yard kart turned racer
    and an un-identified sidewinder

Attached Files:

chevyguy327 likes this.
  17. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

Tub in da dirt:

The first photo of your kart on the left does not look like it was from the early 60's

The front floor pan and the engine mounted next the seat all came many years after the 60's.

Do you know what brand of kart that is? with the Briggs engine and the inboard clutch set up it appears to be between the mid 70's and 1990

Jimbo

18. rfraze

rfraze

Just found out that North Texas Karters are planning at least one vintage event at their north-of-Denton track. Mike McAlister is the lead guy in this area and, not only, has the personal experience to do it right, but a deep love of karting from the early days. Check out their website ntkarters.com . You might also see a place to link to Kart Race Tracks in Texas on the google page. I looked at some great aerial shots including North Texas.

19. I actually posted the pictures in the wrong order. The first pic on the left is a 70's sidewinder and I have no real idea of what it is (bug maybe) the kart on the right is a rupp with factory bumpers font and rear
    Tk

20. Hellfish

Hellfish

21. 30dodge

30dodge
    from Pahrump nv

Here is one made by Fox Craft in 1959 that I have.

Attached Files:

22. I must be missing it, you have the date ? Thanks.

23. rfraze

rfraze

Chainsaw, I do not, yet. Had called club Prez, John Ray, about their track and vintage karts when he told me about their plans and McAlister's involvement in vintage racing in the South. Keep your eyes on their website, give them a call, or better yet go out for a race day or just a weekend putt. (I-35 north of Denton, just south of Sanger, west of highway and Northstar Dragstrip. The cherry-on-top is CT Auto Ranch.)
    Their club has a lot of history, running Whizzer on I35 north of Dallas for decades prior to building this track.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
  24. fourtogo

fourtogo
    from long beach

This May 17 Sat at industry hills show grounds Ca. They going to have Mini Bike and SocalOvalKarters show and race. This a place is a covered roof with open walls dirt track.

25. abone1930

abone1930

I know this this is a trike,dont holler :rolleyes: out of all you go kart Gurus somebody got to know something about it. Anbody know who made it? Anybody seen one of these. Reminds me of something Roth would have made :D Its not though :D Is got indepandant rear suspension too.

Attached Files:

26. Degenerate

Degenerate
    from Indiana

Have you posted a pic of that trike on old mini bikes dot com? Somebody will know the mfgr.

27. abone1930

abone1930

No not a member, guess I'll have to join when I get the chance :)

28. Its a Tri-Rod ,dont know what year.

29. 32STUPRES

32STUPRES

JOE WITH DAD AND MOM & SCRAPE & COWBOY CRAFT CREW ROCKFORD NATS \'63.JPG JOE (RT) WES SCRAPE, DAD AND OTTO SCRAPE NATS ROCKFORD \'63.JPG TOM KARTING CIRCA 1962.jpg TOM MEDLEY AND I - QUINCY \'10.jpg JOE KART PIC WITH DAD ROCKFORD NATS \'63.JPG I raced all over the country '60-'63...attached are some vintage shots of us at the Rockford IKF Nats in 1963....have attended several Vintage Kart Nats in Quincy, IL with my late friend Tom Medley aka "Stroker McGurk" who relit the fire in me in 2008.....I raced a Leecart (magnesium frame) with a full house MC-20 on methanol..A Super, Jr. Joe

Last edited: Feb 19, 2015