Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods The Race of Gentlemen, 3rd Annual.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dirtyest Devil, Apr 15, 2014.

1. So here it is!

October 2,3,4,& 5 in The Wildwoods!

I usually include all the art work with the announcement. Sorry, not this year.

I just had to tell you all about the dates! I hate waiting to tell, but things keep me from giving you all the details at this moment. Contractual crap!

Potential racers get your submissions in, [email protected]

Quick details, more to come!

Thursday night the 2nd. We will be in town setting up and would like to hang with whomever comes in early. Lots of West Coasters coming in this year. Plan is for a little pre, pre-party.

Friday, the 3rd. Do not miss this night!!! Pre party with very special guests. Bunch of West Coast pals. I'll announce where, as we are getting it all set up now.
    Note: New addition to the event. I'm excited to tell you all about it within days. Stay tuned!!!

Also, Friday daytime will be fun for racers coming in early. Stay tuned!!!

Saturday the 4th. Race day! (Brackets drags) bangers, banger ohv, Flathead V8, blown Flathead, 45 cubic bikes, big twin. All bikes pre 47 this year. Hot Rods are pre 53 parts as usual.

Sat night. Beach party Bon fire, live rock n roll all night. Time of my life last year.

Sunday the 5th. More racing!!! Grudge matches, club vs club, boyfriend against girlfriend, dogs vs cats, you get the picture!

Sunday night, mellow party at the Starlux for anyone staying over.

Book your rooms at the Morey's Piers resorts. 609-522-3900

Hotel list...

Starlux (host hotel). Booked solid

Blue Palms 609-522-0606

Pan American 609-522-6936

Port Royal. 609-729-2000 Port Royal is in Wildwood Crest but very close to our event.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

MJW likes this.
  2. jkeesey

jkeesey

Yeeeeah buddy, my birthdays gonna be at the beach this year!

3. Rivet

Rivet

Yes sir! Busy collecting parts for the fastest banger this year, all the 8's better be scared... just sayin.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using H.A.M.B. mobile app

4. legion

legion

Is there still room for cars? Have all the entries been picked? Can you show up that day and get a chance to race or only if you were pre approved to race?

5. Marcy

Marcy

Oh yeah!

Marcy

6. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

Room Is Booked....

7. Elrod

Elrod

Submit info and a photo of your car to: [email protected]

The race is limited to only pre-approved cars.

You cannot show up the day of the race and race.

Again, turn in your info to [email protected] and we will get back to you.

Thanks for your support of The Race of Gentlemen.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
  8. BrandonF

BrandonF

7 months and counting!!! Time to get to work.

Bigdavid likes this.
  9. HOLLYWQQD

HOLLYWQQD
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from central NY
    1. New York H.A.M.B.ers

wooo hooo , its official and the Villains cc are all booked in a few condos from the 31st to the 7th and are ready to get building soon . it was 80 here yesterday and there is snow falling and it is 32 degrees today !! weather permitting our potential beach racer entry will be well under way soon . 90% of the parts are collected and we made it last year with a 7 week build so 7 months should be plenty of time ! ha ha ! of course with so many people wanting to get in on the action this year our build will have to be bad ass to ensure one of the very limited spots available . Mel mentioned that he wanted to see the potential racers build projects now and that he is not officially going to choose the racers until his birthday in August . Mel will chime in but i am pretty sure he wants contact made via his email if you are building a car for the event or if you have one done now that you would like to race .

his email is [email protected]

i'm stoked that this is happening again and that it is in Wildwood . The Oilers cc are making history with this event . i was honored to be a part of it last year and look forward to being there again this year . met alot of great people and can't wait to see them again and actually take time to hang with you all !!!

10. lorodz

lorodz

Hollywood what hotel are you staying at .

11. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

Woot!

Bummer that Starlux is booked already.

12. wagoon78

wagoon78
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Looking forward to it. Such a great weekend.

13. HOLLYWQQD

HOLLYWQQD
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from central NY
    1. New York H.A.M.B.ers

there are 15 or more of us going down for the race so we grabbed three 3 bdrm condo's for the week . they are on baker street about half way between the starlux hotel and the beach entrance . i will check with my realtor and see if she is interested in me listing her contact info here and if so she should be able to get people set up with decent places at good prices. but i will say this ........there will be several race related people staying at the Hotels Mel listed so there is bound to be good times to be had in those places that week !! i stayed at the Port Royal last year and the suites are roomy and were nice . if i was not coming down with so many people i would be shacking up at the Lux for sure !!

HOLLYWQQD

14. Lowbuckboz

Lowbuckboz

Oh hell yeah!! Best event going right here!!

15. HOLLYWQQD

HOLLYWQQD
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from central NY
    1. New York H.A.M.B.ers

not sure if anyone is interested but the realtor i used is Diane Herman her phone number is 1-973-865-4258 and her email address is [email protected] she found me a few condos in the same building that fit my needs and got me off season rates and has been very helpful . i checked with her before putting her info on here and she says she's happy to help anyone looking for a house or condo in the Wildwood or Wildwood Crest area to rent for TROG 2014 get her on the phone before the whole town is booked !

16. ThrottleJockey

ThrottleJockey

I'm suppose to have my first kid the week before. Hope it's on time. Haha

17. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

Sounds good. The whole crew is coming

18. HOLLYWQQD

HOLLYWQQD
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from central NY
    1. New York H.A.M.B.ers

congrats TJ .....if it's getting close and you're nervous just reach in there gently and pull the little bugger out , or maybe you can use one of your mustache coils as a lasso

19. ThrottleJockey

ThrottleJockey

Thanks. Wife said I can go so I'm good. I wouldn't miss it.

20. Legion, there is plenty of room to enter your car for consideration. Not one car has been picked officially. So send them in!!!

It's is a limited run of cars that get in. So the best of the best are chosen. We basically pick traditional built cars that look like they belong on the race track.

We do like to include early cars like from the 1900's up the mid thirties. We do like to show the progression and evolution of race autos. So a goofy stocker with a hopped up mill to a chopped and channeled lakes style car both have a chance. We will consider anything though if it touches our hearts!

No last minute entries!

21. A kid? Did I know this? This is amazing news!!!

22. lorodz

lorodz

Booked a sweet at the new port beach resort across from the star lux, they say their is a good Amount of rooms left ...

23. ThrottleJockey

ThrottleJockey

I haven't put the word out. Since my last name is O'G......my kid can have TROG initials.

24. Beau

Beau

If the first Race of Gentleman was in 2012, this would be the 2nd annual. The first year would be the Inagural. Wish I could go. :(

25. Hollywood, your a ruler! I love guys like you that put your hearts and souls into our race. There is an incredible short list if you gents that I hold deep in my heart. Guys dragging dads and building cars all the way from the west coast. Love all you maniacs!

I make the best friends through this little race and enjoy keeping in touch with you all, all year round.

I have some really great news I'm going to drop on you all in a bit.

Keep building everyone! Support your brothers, onwards and upwards!

26. Beau! But don't you know I'm retarded??? I even spelled my hamb name wrong. I left it as I'm proud to be a bit of an air head. I feel like a hot blonde in an old midgets body.

I was also just told your name was Bow, you should change it stoopid! Ha

27. Teddy Roosevelt O' Grady!!! I love it

28. onekoolkat1950

onekoolkat1950

stoked to finally attend the event.

29. Clark

Clark

What about a supercharged banger?? What's the deadline on entries? I've got all the parts but I can't start on the car for a little but!

We had way too much fun last year!!
    Clark

30. Go for it Clark!