Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Boones 53 wagon - #2

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Boones, Apr 14, 2014.

1. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

For those that have been on this site awhile might remember my red and white 53 wagon that I drove all over the east and mid america. I sold it to buy my Dodge woodie which after 6 yrs I made no progress and sold it. the entire time I regretted selling the wagon as it was me, it was built before colored primer was done, . a ride I could get in on any given day and go coast to coast without a second thought.

After a few other rides I decided it was time to sell off all my projects, get my 51 chevy hardtop further along and find me a replacement wagon.

Here is what it looks like when I first seen it sitting in the back of Morrison Chassis's warehouse.. Craig bought it, drove it ot the shop and they tore it apart to verify wagons has the same chassis as the cars and then tossed it back on the frame and pushed into the back corner and then eventually outside into the weather once I seen it knew I wanted it, it was etched into my head.

000.JPG
    Over a few years I would check in on it and one day I made the decision to sell the woodie project.. Today I made the deal, like the first it needs everything and alot of loving.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I will post more pictures once I pick it up.. I am looking for a tailgate if anyone knows of one...

here is what my last wagon looked like (may clone it)
    748.jpg

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
    Gotgas and sko_ford like this.
  2. Hot Dog,now your talking.

You were driving the wagon when Deuce Roadster introduced us at GoodGuys in Charlotte a long time ago and you & your wagon was the inspiration to drag our wagon out of the barn and get started.

Congratulations and I'm subscribed...this is gonns be a fun build! HRP

3. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

looks like a 150 "Handyman" wagon. I am looking at an old dealer price sheet with an out the door price of $2085.18 for that model. wouldn't it be nice if you could still buy a brand new one for that price.

4. sawzall

sawzall

stoked.. and working on your parts request.

5. wayfarer

wayfarer

Can't wait to see it!

6. Congrats man! Looks like a good start for a recreation. I'm jealous, I was looking for one of those around here and never found one. I picked up a '62 wagon instead and I noticed the other day there is a '54 wagon sitting off Rivers Ave. by Livingstons.

7. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Wouldn't it be nice if you could still buy a wagon?:D

Neat car Boones! I have always wanted one of these. Fellow H.A.M.B.er Miles M used to have a cool one that was set up very similar so his wife could take their show dogs in comfort. Damn nice dog accommodations too, as I road back there to LARS once, and it was much more comfortable than what I usually take over! Unfortunately he sold it before I knew he was trying to...

8. Ken...you were meant to be a wagon master. Live with it.

Attached Files:

9. pug man

pug man
    from louisiana

Man I love wagons. Ever thought about turning it into a 2 door?

10. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

RAD DUDE!!! ....Butt Reynolds here checking in,,,loved that old wagon of yers bro! glad to her you found you a wagon again!

11. Tony

Tony

Very cool Ken!!!
    I know you're regretted selling that car and figured it would only be a matter of time til another one came home with you!
    Congratulations!
    Tony

12. Bitchen. Wagons are the bees. Look forward to seeing it come together.

13. Hot Rod Cowboy

Hot Rod Cowboy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Love me some wagons! Glad to hear you have found another one.

I just bought a '52 Poncho wagon yesterday and am super stoked about it. All the best with your build.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

14. Ken,what's up with your website? HRP

15. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

16. Boones,...your wagon was my favorite car at Goodguys Des Moines show many years back, glad you got another, good luck with it.
    Do you still have that Dodge woodie?

17. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Rusty1, sold the woodie project a late last year..

HRP, the new link I provided did not work ???? how about the one in my signature. both are working for me.

18. CGkidd

CGkidd

Waycool man. If you ever need a extra hand let me know.

19. The user profile like doesn't work ,but you signature link does. HRP

20. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Ken, Good to see your back in an early 50's Chevy wagon. In years gone by you couldn't see you without your old one close at hand. A clone would be bitchin especially since I'm sure you'd include a few little tweeks to make this one even better. Bring us along as you make this one your own.

Frank

21. dubcee

dubcee

Sweet ass ride Ken, how much work is it gonna need to be on the road? Hopefully the Dr. will let me get out of the house sooner than later, and I can come check it out!

22. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Dubcee, it will need full susp swap, motor, trans and wiring before it hits the streets. so about 2 to 3 months of work.

23. No red this time, be different.

24. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

According to the latest Auto Week mag, station wagons, as in "old style" wagons like Boone's four door, are now being considered by the manufacturers again...seems their "crossovers" just aren't selling like they figured...so they figure wagons are the next hot ticket...

Don't think any of us ever figured wagons were "dead," rodders have been building them and enjoying them all along...

Congrats on the new project Boones...

R-

25. Ken,correct me if I am wrong but didn't you do a Photoshop of your old wagon in yellow & white. HRP

26. Congrats! I'm looking forward to seeing your progress. Sounds like I am a few steps behind you. I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a '53 early this summer, after we move.

What are your plans for the front suspension?

27. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Well its official, I am once again a Longroof owner. Paid in full and now in my garage. I know its a turd but I get a smile when I look at it. Who said you cant go home..

002.jpg

all the parts are there, just disassembled and laying in the back. Car ran and drove when it was parked and disassembled. plan is to pull the 235 and 3 sp and put those forsale and upgrades the susp. Wish I could afford the Morrison Chassis but it my goal to use the money from selling the Woodie project to get this one to a driving state. Plus I know how well the Fatman MII rides and how low it will sit.. its a receipe I have used three previous times.
    000c.jpg
    [​IMG]
    I will continue to post pictures as progress is made

Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
  28. Inked Monkey

Inked Monkey

Looks solid. I love those things!