Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Black interiors - Were there any back in the day?

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Strittan, Jan 20, 2014.

1. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Remember some being done in black around 60-61 and a yellow 49 Ford mild custom in 59 but most were still white or pearl white.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2014
  2. 3banjos

3banjos
    from NZ

Black might not be your best option in an already yellow and white car. White would put it in the classy bracket.

3. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

My 40 has a black roll/pleat interior----as near as we can figure it was done around 59-60.

4. This post stirred a memory. I seem to remember that some of the "little books" initially referred to the vinyl material as "U.S. Naugahyde" which shortly thereafter morphed into just plain "naugahyde". Uniroyal was U.S. Royal at the time and manufactured U.S. Royal Masters - the most beautiful tire of the '60's IMO.

I do not remember the owl-like pillow promotion at all but it must have been very successful, check it out: http://www.nauga.com/promoitems_nauga.html

5. Donut Dave

Donut Dave

I understand Nauga's are an endangered species!!!!

6. nwbhotrod

nwbhotrod
    from wash state

Bad Bad Bad but still funny

7. I don't have the family album (my sis got it) but I don't remember the Ol' man ever having anything but black unless the car still had what it came with. he started building in the '30s.

Was it popular, who knows or even cares. No matter what you build you are the one building it. Make it yours before anything else and let the chips fall where they may.

8. Merc63

Merc63

Well, you have to remember, this discussion shows up in the "General Discussions" portion of the HAMB, too. ;)

9. Bert Kollar

Bert Kollar

My '56 Chevy DelRay had black and white roll and pleat from the factory My friends '58 Impala I believe had black from the factory