Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Junkyard score!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ratmotor, Apr 14, 2014.

1. Out at my buddys junkyard scooping some spare parts for my Grand Cherokee when I decided to look around. At the cast iron pile I spotted the familiar camel humps sticking out of an engine pile. Looking closer I found both a 1968 291 SBC head and a 1969 186 SBC head! Both are 1.94 valve heads but are good cores for rebuild. Swap meet fodder.... Price was right too,FREE!

Attached Files:

2. Harvey29

Harvey29
    from kansas

Let me be the first to say you suck:D

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Nice. I remember when you could go to Pick n Pull and grab fuelie heads, 12 bolts, 4 speeds, rat motors... all for one size fits all pricing. Now it's just crap crap and more crap.

4. JD Miller

JD Miller

Good find. Too bad you didnt find a pair of each

I have 3 sets of 186 cast heads and several sets of non bolt hole camel humpers 291and 462s I think is the others

Pulled them years ago at pick -a-parts. $25 bucks a set or what ever it use to be

5. nice score on the find(s) ...

6. 5window

5window

Well the price was right-now you can build two half V-8's. But the question really is.who has the other ones?

7. 327Eric

327Eric

Talk about Irony, I can't give those things away anymore, the Junkman is the only one offering anything. He ain't getting mine , they can gather dust for a few more years.

8. I can use the 186 if I find another one but the 291 will be dealt....

9. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

I know they ain't "traditional", but you can buy aluminum heads now so cheap that it's false economy to start out with old junkyard heads, you'll have more tied up in them after rework than the new ones which will outflow them. The aluminum can be painted, you know.
    And if you just can't bring yourself to go that far out of traditional, there are new replacement cast iron heads available also that are better than the original.