Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Clutch Popper Wednesdays

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jalopy Kid, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Kingsway

Kingsway

And now we have 2 feet of snow and......... Nothing. I think I write on here more than any Clutch Poppers. It makes me sad. It was seriously the highlight of my week to check out what happened every Wednesday. Now I've got nothing. Thanks a bundle.

2. hotflint

hotflint

Now that you know where the new shop is you could come by.....................????

3. We are trying something new. We're doing live Wednesday night updates on instagram. we will see how it goes. look us up there if you're so inclined.
    clutch_poppers

4. eddie_zapien

eddie_zapien

Fuck yes!!!

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

5. eddie_zapien

eddie_zapien

I like the IG feed pics! Keep up the good work guys!

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

6. Muttley

Muttley

Eh, any updates you hosers? Muttley doesnt Instagram.

7. wanabe28

wanabe28

Nothin' on istagram this week.

8. Cruiser

Cruiser

You get most of us hook on your thread then you bailout on us going over to something call Intagram. Way to go guys!

9. missing this thread:(

10. This thread was Bold text in my subscribed threads folder. I got waaay too excited. I've read through this one a couple of times now. It is for sure my favorite of all time. I don't think I am alone. Viva Clutch Popper Wednesdays!

11. Muttley

Muttley

I demand an update.

[​IMG]

12. I miss it too.

13. Sakke

Sakke
    from Finland

I really liked your wednesday thread here !!! You had great cars in progress so we would like to see them finished !

14. has anybody tried to message them?

15. Outback

Outback
    from NE Vic

I got all excited seeing this pop up on my sub'd list, but alas no cigar :(

Sent via carrier pidgeon & smoke signals with the HAMB App

16. These were good times.

17. I don't even see updates on instagram any more are the Clutch Popper nights over?

18. update update update!

19. Muttley

Muttley

It appears they dont love us anymore.

20. We don't love you any less.

21. Truth is, we got kinda burned out and have gone our separate ways for the most part. We still talk and stuff.. Big Dick Dave moved away and is setting up shop in a new city. Fat Dave is doing Fat Dave stuff, Al is working on a RPU he picked up, Lee is doing Lee roadster stuff. I just got a real pos 31 Chevy 3 window... Kinda nice to be back on the hamb though. Been a while.

22. It was neat to see you guys have a good time and get a good amount of stuff done and have things turn out nice. life throws curves and when it comes down to it cars are a passion and a hobby. family comes first we are just fortunate enough to be able to play with all this cool stuff.

23. wanabe28

wanabe28

That's a shame, reading Clutch Poppers Wednesday was like watching an episode of Happy Days (for me anyways).For that Thursday read, it was like - I wannabe cool like them.

24. Outback

Outback
    from NE Vic

I loved the updates here, watching you guys live the dream.

We tried a weekly shed Afternoon locally and it lasted for some time however it burned us out too, there's a balance out there somewhere between projects family & life :confused:

Sent via carrier pidgeon & smoke signals with the HAMB App

25. Ready for your 7 year update? Here it is! After a major burnout I took a year off from cars, restructured my life and moved to the west coast. Opened up the shop again, and have been going strong ever since. I still have my roadster, recently sold my 60 Thunderbird and started building a 47 Ford Tudor. A7E5E459-52ED-49B2-9FDA-39ABAFB907C6.jpeg A6E6386B-9341-40C6-8C6A-1CFE6B23D7F0.jpeg
    20425CA2-E5A3-40D0-B56E-EEE1FD942455.jpeg
    I still save Wednesday nights for car night, only now I just do them with my girlfriend Shannon, rather than a whole group. Just the two of us, we can make it if we try!
    Shannon has a 61 Comet that is her project car, and daily driver. It’s actually her only car.
    A7E27B38-1BCD-4B57-828C-0EB8378FB040.jpeg
    Tonight was her night, so she bought me a Chubby Chicken burger and we finished off the door panels for her Comet.
    Shannon actually started these a few months ago, but they kinda got pushed to the back burner.
    The panels themselves are made from 2mm ABS plastic (to avoid warping from moisture) and the we wrapped them in pearl white tuck and roll with seafoam piping.
    303A19B5-9A8F-4C14-9D37-65638550C4A0.jpeg
    BD2A8BFA-7D43-4317-A63F-638DEC4BEC5B.jpeg 6F482703-AB1E-4C67-B86D-B1845216078C.jpeg
    E11F745E-44EA-49AB-A525-8D5E092146FF.jpeg
    And there ya have it! Your weekly Clutch Popper Wednesday update!
    See ya later!
    Lee

26. Lee, welcome back!
    I forgot about clutch popper Wednesdays, it used to help me through nightshift once a week!
    I loved it all from hot rod and custom activity to the choice of takeout :)

Cool selection of cars you two have, cooler shop space too!

Very happy to see an update, keep em coming!

Jalopy Kid likes this.
  27. a bloke

a bloke

Welcome back - this was one of my favourite threads back in the day.

Jalopy Kid likes this.
  28. Boulderdash

Boulderdash

I was only thinking about this thread the other day. The well written posts, the mates, cars and food theme
    , it worked great as a mojo boost

Glad it’s back!

Jalopy Kid likes this.
  29. Internet

Internet

Do I get a participation trophy for remembering my password?