Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1951 Ford Country Squire, chrome reverse time. Thoughts & Ideas !

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rob-redm, Apr 13, 2014.

1. So I thought and I thought and I thought... I pulled the trigger on the 51 Woody today.. I sold my 35 Ford...The car was in a garage for 40 years (yes really) The story goes , he had the 8BA rebuilt(3speed w/overdrive) in 1972 or 73 , and a lifter broke.. so he parked it in the garage . It had some soft wood on the drivers side he was replacing ( mind you 1973, he found a solid woody in a local wrecking yard and found nice restorable wood... Thats were he stopped and just moved on to something else( had a few cars ) and the woody sat.. just like that for the next forty years.. always a Tacoma car and glad it's staying here with me... It's all OG paint said for the rear tailgate and hatch that were painted yellow.. The saving grace on this car was parked in heated garage, factory undercoated.. The wood was painted over yellow, but as I write this all the wood is being stripped of paint.. and refinished ( BB, is doing a great job and he knows how to do wood correctly) So they are still out there... Never thought I would own a Woody , now I do...

now a project update thread

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 3, 2014
  2. chevy54man

chevy54man
    from NC

That is one sweet car, good for you!

3. slammed

slammed

Minty fresh.

4. Looks like a keeper there pal. I like it.

5. Congratulations,the 49 to 51 Ford woodys are some of the best looking Fords ever built. HRP

6. The dash is really cool. Did all the woody's have the extra trim and wood grain? Car looks great...Tim

7. it's all original, say for the tires.. Needs exhaust...some small nick-nacks... Plans are drop with spindles and chrome reverse rims and ribbons whites.. 60's Hot-Rod cool.. done.. and enjoy !

8. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Sounds like a good plan,I like it, congrats!

9. just a cool old woody !

10. 4woody

4woody

11. wood is being redone( painted over) which saved it,,,, Don't think I'll make the show.... Billetproof !

12. slammed

slammed

Can someone cover that show (really cover it good) w/ tons of pix? I like the idea of this one being lowered, and chrome wheels.

13. racemad55

racemad55

Nice,had one just like it in about 67-68. I was about 14-15 ,paid five bucks for it!

14. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

very nice score - congrats

15. need to repaint the rear tailgate & upper hatch to org. Ford Sea-Foam Green ?...it's the color that it's called.. Looks more Blue-ish-Grey... Find a spare tire cover...small stuff.

16. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Sure doesnt look like a seafoam green to me either,some colors seem to change a bit when they fade and sometimes the name of a color is decieving from what it actually looks like but I would double check and maybe even have the paint thats on it scanned to match the color before I bought any to get a close match.

17. That thing is awesome! Whats your plan?

18. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

WOW what a find. congrats on the longroof find. especially a woodie..

19. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

...:)

20. dropped, some chrome reverse rims, ribbon whites... and 60's beach cruiser( but sand the surf decals yuck !) no surf boards... just early 60's style ride...

21. dubcee

dubcee

Sweet score Rob, that thing is cool!

22. Thats sweet!
    49-51 ford woodys are one of my top 5 cars that i would like to own!

23. You'd think by now I'd be able to read ;)

Yeah Rob, Seafoam green is a light minty green color. Unless it faded a weird hue, I'm guessing it's not SF green

24. Who cares about the color in the pic. Great ride you have there. Had on once to. Mine was a meteor. Fun to drive

25. .. need to do some homework...

Last edited: Apr 14, 2014
  26. Thanks Wayne ! dropped spindles...chromes... ribbon whites,,,,:D The 35 went down the road back to Dave A.... Went and saw this Woody the Sunday after Portland swap meet... thought and thought, no Riv for this kid...51 Woody

Last edited: Apr 14, 2014
  27. F-head

F-head

nice score Rob
    we have a 50
    welcome to the woody club
    B

28. Thanks B ! Never saw the 50 !

29. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

Its hard to beat a chrome reverse wheel. They are one of my favorites for sure. I can dig it. Looks like a very solid start.

30. thanks, just trying to figure out what to run wheel & tire wise, and what lowering kit to put in..