Register now to get rid of these ads!

New guy in Colorado!

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by TheDirtyG, Apr 11, 2014.

1. TheDirtyG

TheDirtyG
    from Colorado

Here is my story...and the Story of the 39.

My Mom and dad used this as a daily driver in the 70's and was parked in front of the house when it got smashed by a driver...hit an run overnight. My Dad (a mechanic) sent t to a buddy up in NE to get it repaired. He didn't do body work, and he wanted it done right I suppose. While it was up there he died, and it sat there for about 6 years...we went up an got it when I was a kid...early 80's and it sat in our garage...waiting to get back on the road. Never happened...another long story. But the sat in a storage unit for another 10-15 years...and about 5 years ago, with visions of grandeur Iw as going to start the project. Then with kids...jobs starting and ending...it sat. Very little work done to it. But I'm going to start it back up again now.

I'll try to post pics here..and would appreciate any help or encouragement the H.A.M.B crew can give.

Goal now is to have it running and driving by the end of May...

Thanks
    TheDirtyG

2. Greetings from Durango. Where in Colorado?

3. Fastlane1

Fastlane1

Welcome from Fort Collins!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

4. wicarnut

wicarnut

Welcome! from Wi. Good luck with your project. John

5. andyg

andyg

Welcome from Missouri and sometimes Idaho Springs!

There's a thread dedicated to posting pics. It's a good read. If you use photobucket.com or something like that then you can click on the copy link and use that. It will take a little while to figure it out but it's not too hard either. Read the thread dedicated to posting pics. It will be worth it.

6. dinokruzordinance

dinokruzordinance

Thats a story that i hope you bring together with an amazing ending by rebuilding that 39. For your dad and you.

7. e1956v

e1956v
    Alliance Vendor

Welcome from the Springs

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

8. welcome to the forum ....

9. Welcome from CT! Sounds like a great time to get this going.