Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Going to Chicago ill,

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bigtumtum, Apr 13, 2014.

1. bigtumtum

bigtumtum

05.26 - 06.05 I'm going to be in Chicago
    Any good tips for things to see maybe any good carshows also for the wife some good outlets and farmer markets

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

3. 35cab

35cab

Don't know about car shows but you must go to the Museum of Science and Industry also Chicago Historical Museum and The Art Institute.
    Do the architectural river tour. Some good Markets in Wicker Park.
    It is a great city, enjoy.

4. stimpy

stimpy

do you know what side of the city ( or suburb) or if your staying downtown your going to be on as it will make it a little easier ? its a big town , and how far do want to travel . as there is some neat stuff in the suburbs and a few dragstrips with in 2 hours of the downtown area .

5. bigtumtum

bigtumtum

Where going to stay in suburb but im thinking about also going to pontiac and springfield

6. Sundown Kid

Sundown Kid

Shed aquarium is awesome downtown! I always go every time I'm there.

7. Stop in and say Hi at the SW HAMB and Eggs Breakfast. Here is the link for info.
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/group.php?do=discuss&group=&discussionid=309

If we do a little coordination. The guys have been talking of doing a new 100 mile round trip car event. Still in the planning for the first one . Keep an eye on the Social page for further developments .

If you do a HAMB search on Chicago vacation . There are several threads about where to eat, and visit while in Chicago . Try this link.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/search.php?searchid=10427778

8. 1great40

1great40
    from Walpole MA

Instead of going to Chicago ill, you may want to wait till you feel better, just sayin'

9. bigtumtum

bigtumtum

Great40.... why would I be sick:)

10. michev

michev

11. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

Send me a pm if you end up traveling to Springfield, I'll gather some locals and make it worth your while.

12. There may be a lot of cars shows going on when you are here, but the Brauerhouse Thursday night show is well attendeded by the Voodoo Kings and the Romin' Chariots car clubs: https://www.facebook.com/brauerhouse

Volo Auto Museum has a lot of interesting cars to look at.

13. Hellfish

Hellfish

Which suburb? It makes a difference, especially how long it will take to get places.

I assume you'll have a car, but we do have decent public transportation, just not like Europe.

There are lots of farmers' markets all over. There's a big one in downtown Chicago that should be in full swing by the end of May.

The outlet malls are mostly in the far suburbs.

Springfield is about a 3 hour drive from the south suburbs. Add 1+ hours if you'll be on the northside.

Chicago has a lot of good music venues, and restaurants, so if you're looking for night life, be a little more specific about the kinds of music and food you like and we can offer some suggestions.

14. bigtumtum

bigtumtum

Yeah we have a car we already planning maybe goi g to pontiac and maybe springfield. .

I also hope to maybe meet a good friend who is living in the near from kansas city missouri

15. hdman6465

hdman6465
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You will like the rt. 66 museum and the Pontiac-Oakland museum in Pontiac.