Register now to get rid of these ads!

***Hot Rod Hundred comes to Phoenix, Arizona, Saturday April 12th ***

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by So-cal Tex, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Way cool pictures! I dig this one, in particular, for the ability to see through the louvered hood, as well as that '55 F100 is one of my fav's that I have seen on the HAMB.

Would love to see your deuce, in person, someday. I liked the magazine coverage of it, and it's awesome to see it being used!

2. Roothawg

Roothawg

Looks like a great turnout. Hats off to our boy Doug.

3. Like that '55 as well, wish I could get mine that low and do what I need it do. Anybody know what front and rear suspension it runs?

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

4. greenone

greenone

Thanks dudes!! That's actually me! It's my daily driver until it hits about 100*...no A/C. It's got a mustang II front and reverse 3 leaf packs in the rear with lowering shackles and the front spring mounts flipped upside down and moved to the top of the frame. I had to step notch the frame about 5" in the back to get it that low. I could have went with a smaller tire back there and saved the notch, but I wanted that look.

We had a great time...don't worry about the model A breakdown...someone had to make it interesting!!...

5. Crappy cell phone shots at the launch point.

Before the carnage. donuts and coffee to the left!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 13, 2014
  6. Early arrivals...the six in that yellow '31 Chevy coupe sure sounded sweet!
    [​IMG]

7. Dang pretty car...
    [​IMG]

8. Our fearless leader in that cool roadster
    [​IMG]

9. The Deuce roadster had a banger. Should have gotten a shot of it at the Tap Haus.
    [​IMG]

10. SMOKINFLATHEAD

SMOKINFLATHEAD
    from SOCAL

Well, I've loaded a few of the over 400 pictures I took. If you want you can go to my albums to see more. I want to give a little play by play on the day if I can......
    [​IMG]
    Doug and his family our Gracious hosts.
    [​IMG]
    Here is the parking lot prior to departure.
    [​IMG]
    Oh, before we go, this is the only picture I got of Nepoleon (co-pilot).
    [​IMG]
    Out on the road, Doug lead the way!
    [​IMG]
    More of the train...
    [​IMG]
    Out on the road there were rolling hills...
    [​IMG]
    Twists...
    [​IMG]
    And turns....
    [​IMG]
    Then twists and turns...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    We were having fun.
    [​IMG]
    Need I say more?
    [​IMG]
    Good Times! (for now)
    [​IMG]
    A stop for gas.
    [​IMG]
    And BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE! The A wouldn't start, But with a jump, we were on are way!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Running good.....[​IMG]
    Then it happened..... The steamed Crab incident! A story for another time...
    [​IMG]
    Once we knew It couldn't be fixed on the side of the road. We had to move on. Thank you so much to all who were involved in getting our brothers car back home. I guess it wasn't meant to be.

11. SMOKINFLATHEAD

SMOKINFLATHEAD
    from SOCAL

[​IMG]
    We got back on the road after the little delay. Decided to skip the DQ stop and head for the finish!
    [​IMG]
    A HOT ROD HUNDRED LATER! We pulled into GreaseWood Flats!
    [​IMG]
    A Photo of the "Reliable"......
    [​IMG]
    And as the run ended, we all enjoyed some BBQ and beverages! Thank you again to all that came out, I enjoyed meeting everyone! For those that didn't make it, Look for us next year. There you have it, the Crossmembers first Hot rod hundred. Those of you waiting to take part in the other runs, Your going to have a blast!

Thanks again,
    Jay

12. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

13. SMOKINFLATHEAD

SMOKINFLATHEAD
    from SOCAL

I know, we all have busy schedules. I'm sure your car would have made it, time permitting. No worries.

14. bonesy

bonesy

Just a few of the shots I grabbed. It was a great time and well organized

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 13, 2014
  15. bonesy

bonesy

Nice to meet you - I love this shot!

16. T&A Flathead

T&A Flathead

The A looks good Andy. Is it dead?

17. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

No, I was referring to the steamed crab incident! Trying to work too quick, and I made a dumb assed move!

All in all I wasn't too bent out of shape about my car not going. I just flat ran out of time last week to solve the latest round of "lets make it work" Hot Rod Ron did post a great picture of it going up the 51 on the way up a page or two back. It'll be happy again later this week...[​IMG]

18. bonesy

bonesy

Im in love with those smoothie wheels. Wow.

19. I had forgotten how beautiful Arizona is...

20. Ralph

Ralph

Looks like a great time. Craig, good to see you put some miles on the 31 Chevy coupe. (he's got lots of other things to occupy his time!)Bright orange and bright green shirts in a bright yellow car! Hard to miss!

21. Thanks! It's wounded but it'll be back before long. I should have spent the time sorting it out before doing a big deal like this. You need to organize a HRH up in KC!

22. Interesting story about this roadster and its top. Ask Nanette the next time you see her.
    [​IMG]

23. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Thanks man, I am too! I'm in mid conversion back to my Americans though, so the no holes can go back to their intended habitat, on my roadster pickup. That was part of the problem with my DNS... I'm not sure how the front Americans and Firestones went "out of balance" by themselves since November, But for some reason they did!

24. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Ya, they were less than stealth! Ardun was the only one in the car going incognito!

25. Whose is the Model 40 roadster? Any more pics?

26. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Man, I'm in love with your deuce! Ron and I followed it for a great chunk of the day and just couldn't quite get over it's "presence"...

27. Some bad ass photos thanks for taking them and putting the event on. it ruled.

28. cac646

cac646

Lol, That's what I get for letting Laura pack for the weekend! She looks through the closet and picks whatever I don't usually wear.

We had a great time, an awesome route with a bunch of cool hot rods! I'm still impressed by my Chevy - it ran flawlessly considering it is basically unchanged since I built it in high school.

Same time next year!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

29. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

It was good to meet you folks! Massive props for naming your son Ardun!!! :D