Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Loppy's 55 Chevy Belair Wagon Build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Loppy, Dec 4, 2011.

1. Craigster

Craigster
    from ohio

Loppy i understand , sold more than one of my rides to help out the family! nice ride, just picked mine up last weekend (old drag car). craig

2. PhilN

PhilN

Very nice build! I am in the process of finishing up my 55 wagon 4 dr and I was wondering what tire and rim combination sizes did you run on yours. The stance is perfect.

3. Loppy

Loppy

Originally I had Radir 15x6 front and 15x8 rear with Mickey Thompson Sportsman S/R radials (26"). Later I wanted the more traditional look and went to Diamondback skinny whites. Forget the exact metric size numbers, but they were 26"ish tall as well. I also changed the rear wheels to 15x6 so could rotate to extend tread life. Note, I rolled the lips at all the wheel wells to avoid any rubbing. The fronts weren't close, but the rears with the 15x8's just cleared. Good luck!

4. Boatmark

Boatmark

Can't believe I missed this thread - great car. Sorry it had to go, but I have the feeling there is another coming in the future. Hope business is going well.

Surprised to see Jeff Phipps face pop up on the screen - he used to upholster covers for race boat seats for me . . . . damn, must be almost thirty years ago. Always a goofball with a lot of talent. Loved your interior.

5. Jay71

Jay71

Another one surprised to have missed this build. Came out really cool. Hopefully it all worked out for ya.