Register now to get rid of these ads!

History The Kustomrama Survivor Truck - 1955 Ford by Barris & Dick Richardson

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Kvipt, Apr 3, 2014.

1. klazurfer

klazurfer

MAN , This is WAAAY COOL !! Amazing art that sure will scare people from driving too close .( Just to be safe , Put a HEAVY bumper on that truck ;)
    Soo nice to see that the loss of your wagon could end up with a happy ending:) .. Well , maybe your wagon soon is found & returned , and you can sell me that old truck :D
    Klaz

2. MRpants

MRpants
    from pea ridge

again soooo rad.

3. Gotzy

Gotzy

Very cool story and friendship being created for you as we'll, nice one!

So the million dollar question, is the tailgate staying on the truck or being hung in the garage for safe keeping?

4. BucketHeadBart

BucketHeadBart
    from illinois

If only they would have taught this kind of history when I was in school, I would have gotten better grades. Thanks for sharing. AWESOME history lesson .

5. Eric H

Eric H

6. Dooley

Dooley
    from Buffalo NY

My God...jackpot!

7. missysdad1

missysdad1

How. Flippin'. Cool!!!!

8. BurnoutNova

BurnoutNova
    from USA

That is so awesome!

So I wonder who did the painting Dutch or Jeffries?

9. jdrew

jdrew

Best thread I have EVER read. I love the history as much as the truck, very few are as fortunate as you...and you have done a great job returning the favor and including George on your build and learning from him in return. Awesome work, thanks for sharing all of this with us!

10. Hahaha! That was probably me on the other end of the phone. Roby's the new Indiana Jones!

[​IMG]

Model T1 likes this.
  11. thinkfink

thinkfink

12. You are officially my most envied person right now! Such a cool and valuable find. Can't wait to see more updates.

13. This is the coolest shit to hit the hamb in a long time! CONGRATS!

14. finkd

finkd
    Member Emeritus

This is crazy, couldn't have went to a better person, glad you got the truck and uncovered this great story....thank you !!!! glad to have met you this last summer and your my new hero !!

15. Swede64

Swede64

Just some friendly advice, don´t go buy any lottery tickets because it would be a waste of money. Don´t think there are any that won the lottery twice. Be happy that you won once!
    I´m happy to be watching you win.

16. SMOKINFLATHEAD

SMOKINFLATHEAD
    from SOCAL

Epic adventure! nuff said.

17. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

What a cool story!

18. hotrod36

hotrod36

This keeps getting better and better. All the best with your new truck, can't wait to see it finished.

19. RainierHooker

RainierHooker
    from Tacoma, WA

20. Almost killed me to read post for post up till the reveal but I knew it was gonna be worth the anticipated wait.. Brought tears to my eyes and a knot in my stomach, as a long time fan of all things kustom, Dutch and Dean Jeffries and as a traditional pinstriper this has made my week! Thank you for the continuing unvaling of this awesome piece of history... You have not bought a truck , you have created a fantastic lifestyle with a very cool friend as well...

21. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40

Only in California. That is nuts. I've got tons of old little pages and 50's mags, and I've never seen that truck. It makes me wonder how many cars Dutch or Jeffries striped or Barris built that never made it into the magazines.... And what foresight on George's part to cover up the tailgate! That's Neaternshit!

22. 3 Words!

Coolest Story Ever!!!!

23. 51 mercules

51 mercules

Finding that tailgate still intact is too cool!I'm sure glad it was you who got this truck!

24. rbroadster

rbroadster

Of course it was, Mike. You were the one who said for me to get over there and start 'vestigating.

I can't tell you how pumped Olav and I were when we stuck the camera in, looked at the screen, and realized we were being stared back at!!

I can think of no one else who should've gotten that call then you!

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1397229038.778294.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Last edited: Apr 11, 2014
  25. How INCREDIBLE!

26. This would've been a better story if that tailgate was full of venomous snakes... haha.. awesome automotive archeology!

27. This is great stuff. Not sure if this is the same truck or not... but it might be. 1397231828070.jpg 1397231842235.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Model T1 likes this.
  28. Thanks dude. You're the guy who yells out "the butler did it!" 5 minutes before the end of the movie. :mad:

I can't imagine how you guys felt taking that panel off. My hands were shaking and I'm just reading about it and looking at pictures. Amazing.

29. Airhart

Airhart

This thread is one of the best I have ever read. I used to get excited finding reg. papers or change, now I won't be able to! Great find, and it is super cool that George is "passing the torch" to you as far as his truck goes.

30. Sledge

Sledge
    from Nor Cal

The custom gods are smiling on you Olav! Best thread ever!!!!