Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Young driver insurance for a 49 Chevy truck

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tims37chevy, Apr 10, 2014.

1. I searched but could not find my answer. I built my son a 49 Chevy truck and of coarse he is not old enough for the Grundy Hagerty J.C. taylor ect. I have Farmers and they own J.C Taylor but my agent said he could not help me because their normal insurance does not insure something this old and my son is to young for the collector companies.Does any body know a company that will insure with full coverage for someone who is under 25? I relies that it would be a stated policy just looking for who you use. Thanks!

2. milner142790

milner142790

I am 23 now, 21 when i opened u policy on my 53 desoto with progressive. Full coverage and it's regular insurance so it can be driven anywhere with no limits like some collector insurance companies. I can't say off hand roughly what I pay because it's a multi policy with more then one vehicle... And the wife takes care or that!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. verno30

verno30
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I use American Family, have since I was 17. Now the insurance includes rods, customs, bikes, a new Silverado, a house and an umbrella policy. I can't say enough about how good of an insurance company I think they are. I truthfully believe the service comes from the agent. Even so, it shouldn't be an issue to get insurance on the truck. Good luck.

4. I am playing phone tag with American Family as we speak so I will see what happens...Thanks

5. D-man313

D-man313

Im 19, With the same truck! haha. Been insured with grange since 16. Full coverage, agreed value. State farm wouldn't touch it.

6. You might check with Chrome. HRP

7. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Can't get insurance through the Grange unless your a Grange member or family. Also, not every state has Grange insurance for it's members. I was a Grange member for 30 yrs., and had their insurance. But the local insurance company went belly up, and everyone lost their coverage. I went elsewhere and quit the Grange after that fiasco. Was a PITA to get insured after your company goes belly up, as every company looks at you as being cancelled by your insurer, even though they know they went bankrupt.

8. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

if my insurance did not cover old cars I would find new insurance. State farm covers the oldies like they are regular cars. they also have a collector car coverage for cheap if you just want enough insurance to keep the tags up and not really drive much.

9. I went through the same problem when I was looking to get insurance on my 53 dodge at 19. The first thing I did was register my truck with a regular truck license. It's far from stock and I drive it ALOT more than someone with an antique plate and collector insurance could. I went with Erie insurance because my daily driver is insured with them. They added my truck onto my existing policy with a 2004 chevy cavalier, I believe I end up only paying about $300 a year with no mileage restrictions. Although I only have $5000 of liability it's still not bad. The lady at Erie told me with the regular license on it it was basically rate as someone with a 70s or 80s chevy pickup. It took awhile to sort out but I'm happy with it

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

10. edwardlloyd

edwardlloyd
    from Germany

^^^ $5000 liability? So you're not really insured then?

Twitter @edsrodshop

11. I ended up getting it through progressive my farmers agent set it up and I get the multicar discount even though my other cars are with Farmers it is still kinda high for liability only, 77.00 a month but with an 18 year old male driver I guess it is what it is